• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008-2009 Gophers

hamrej23

I saw highlights and Michigan was nailin 3s like there was no tomorrow.

An ESPN commentator said he figures at least 6 and maybe 7 Big10 teams to the dance.

Indiana looks like they are in position to be a force again in a couple years.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guard play is terrible. If I were Tubby, Nolen would be getting 10 minutes or less per game. He doesn't play the point like he should. Maybe the experts were right when they said he didn't have the talent to be a bigten player. I think he does, just needs to screw his head on straight and gain some confidence.

Also, this team does not go at the basket or inside near enough. They had Michigan outsized bigtime last night and they just didn't use it. Colton could have put up double digit points no problem, but didn't get the ball enough. They run a weave at the top of the key, real easy to defend.

On a positive not, Devoe Joseph looks like the best recruit out of the 3 big names we brought in here this year. Get him a real PG and this kid will be a bigtime #2 guard in the Bigten for quite awhile.

Get-em-good, I have been saying that all year about Nolen and I totally agree with you on Joseph. It's too bad he isn't confident/experienced enough to run the point.

Gophers sucked last night, but honestly, Michigan was fricken unconscious from three point land. That was just ridiculous to watch that all night. It didn't matter who it was, Novak was bombs away all night, Sims the big guy stepped back and drained a couple, #1 hit a couple, and even #44 came off the bench and hit a couple. That just sucks when a team can't miss. There was that point in the second half where Damian went on his mini run and cut the lead to 15 I think and then what happens? Of course 44 comes off the bench and drains a three, I had to turn it off at that point before I got violent.

Yes, I agree. Michigan couldn't miss from downtown. There were some guys that had no business making them draning shots.

Still do not like the way they refuse to play offense in the paint though. I think they need to use Colton, Ralph and Damian more.

I don't think Joseph has a good enough handle on the ball to run the 1 either. He is alright there and fine for a backup, but plain to see the 2 is his position and I believe he will be great at it throughout his career. Hopefully next year this Cobbs kid can shore up the PG position for us.

Nice game at home against NW. That's what you expect to see, blow them out of the gym. The pattern of win one, lose 2 has to stop. Win 2 of the next 3 and you're in. They stopped the bleeding but haven't begun the healing yet; I see they turned it over 17 times again. If you shoot the ball better in all facets than the other team, especially by the margin the Gophers did, you will win the game.

I wish I could watch the game in its entirety tomorrow on BTN at noon. Maybe I can get the VCR working. No recap. I will not miss Thursday at Illinois, although part of me thinks I should frown

Yeah, I doubt the Illini are going to forget about their earlier drubbing and being held to 36 points, especially playing at home. Oh well, at least it wasn't 33 at home like it was against Penn St.!grin

Was a good way to get back in the win column though, avenging the loss to Northwestern. Caught up to them in the early stages of the 2nd half. Didn't hurt that the Wildcats were ailing with the alien but living by the 3, you die by the 3. Lots of clangs and long rebounds for the Gophers. Hopefully the Gophs come out playing D like they did last night again, not falling asleep like they did against Penn St. & Michigan.

Good game, that is what happens when we play aggressive like we should. Gophers have more talent than almost everyone in the Big Ten besides Michigan State. Athletic talent anyway.

Hope to see them take it to Illinois Thursday. It is my belief that the Illini are not that good this year. I honestly don't know how they are where they are. Gophs by 6-8 points. Lets do it.

Gophers 52, Illinois 61

I think Tubby has worn down his team. Have heard many post game interviews from players talking about 2 hr "goin hard" practices the day before games. I believe that to be the reason for the recent poor shooting. Love Tubby, think he's a great coach, but this may be a little bit of a flaw.

Nolen is doing a great job of taking his team out of the flow they established early in the game. No points, no assists, and horrible timing. I don't know how many turnovers to boot. Let's let the shot clock run down before we attack, let's not get a shot off before half time....He's shown he can be a great defender at times but where is the leadership?

Early on they brought the fight to Illinois and now they are sitting back and not working it around, looking like they again have not been playing together all year.

Damian Johnson is the only reason they are in this game.

They have to win their remaining two homes games plus at least the first BTT game and mostly likely the second. It really doesn't change anything considering they were expected to lose going in. It's the same frustration as last year, so close yet so far away. I just don't want to be ripping my hair out next year when there are some legitimate expectations.

They turn the ball over too d%^&* much and don't work it inside, and I'm going to leave it at that. I missed the second half for a meeting tonight but the recap tells me all I need to know. It's all in their head...they attacked early and then let off. Attacking teams go to the FT line more than 3 times a game. I hope Tubby can coach up these kids or recruit some players that actually seem to have a head on their shoulders because I don't understand how you can squander so many opportunities. Teams that don't take care of the ball are generally poorly coached...I would have thought Tubby would have corrected things by now. The starting backcourt of Westbrook and Nolen stunk the place up...Some of these guys have the game, the skills, and the body to play in D1 hoops, but what they are missing is between the ears.

If the Gophers beat a upstart Wis team and Mich and go 10-8 in the CONF-- they are in.. PERIOD. That would be 22 wins. Wins agst #6 Louisville,at Wisky, Ohio State. They will likely win at least one game in conf toureny to get 23 wins--- no team in a BCS conf has been shaded for 23 wins- EVER. They do need to win those two games at home however,, if not, they have some work to do.