• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mobile version of FM?

okstate

i dont know if this where i should ask this question, but are there any plans of having a mobile version of the boards?

some times im away from the computer and like to look at the boards. and the version that we have now is not real pocket pc friendly.

anyone hav an idea about it?

i think there would be some people who would us it.

I know there has been some talk of this recently among the admins. It seems that most people are able to read the boards, but different phones with different software aren't always able to post.

I'm not sure where the higher-ups stand on this, but I know it hasn't gone unnoticed.

I chuckle a little to think people are checking the site, even when they are out fishing or hunting. If I had a smart phone I would probably be doing it from the deer stand.

i can tell you this i go shopping forlures and things and then i cant remember the name so i try to pull up the HSOforum to get a quick reminder. so i thought it would be interesting to find out if it has been thought of.

thanks

Yeah, a WAP site would be fantastic and it would only fuel the addiction that much more. LOL. I think the side bar on the left makes it harder for mobile devices, and users, to browse on a smart phone/pda. Lot of scrolling to get to the meat of the page.

A while back I was having issues with my locator while I was out fishing but couldn't remember the button sequence to do a hard reset on the device. Pulled out the Blackberry and within a few minutes I had my answer while sitting in the middle of the lake. Pretty amazing at times what a person can do today.

I can tell you it was handy on opener this year being on Leech. We were able to get out Saturday morning without issue and I wanted an ice update on other parts of the lake. Found out some boats had been caught in some ice and that ice was still an issue in some areas.

Also good to check some reports when in for lunch/dinner/cold ones.....or planning the next days attack. Extra info always helps.....at least I like to believe it helps! shocked

I get it on my centro. Takes some time, but I can pull it up and post if I want. I've checked it while out fishing before. It's an addiction I tells ya!!!! Would be nice to see mobile. I'm sure it will come at some time as smart phones are just getting more and more popular.

I know there has been some talk of this recently among the admins. It seems that most people are able to read the boards, but different phones with different software aren't always able to post.

I'm not sure where the higher-ups stand on this, but I know it hasn't gone unnoticed.

I chuckle a little to think people are checking the site, even when they are out fishing or hunting. If I had a smart phone I would probably be doing it from the deer stand.

*raising hand* I plead Guilty to the charges! Guilty I tell you!

was easier on a Blackjack before the HSOforum remodel, however, both before and after it's helped me with the waiting, both on the water and in the tree on quite a few occasions. wink

I for one would welcome most heartily a WAP version of FM.

I just got a blackberry and use " Opera mini".It let's you see the whole web page at once in micro size print so you can get past all the banners and such. Then you can enlarge the section you want to read.It is still a lot of scrolling but it is better than without it imho. It also let's me go to sites that are too big to download in the normal screen. (like hsolist).