• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody fish Lower Balsom lake?

I was at a cabin on this lake over the weekend. I went around the lake alot snowmobiling and noticed there was some permanent houses out there. I drilled a hole and the ice was 3 foot thick.
Just wondering if people fished there and what they were catching.

Are you refering to lower balsam up around grand rapids and bovey(balsam township specifically)? You might want to post this in the grand rapids forum. I have a cabin on big balsam up there and do alright, and I know some guys who fish lower balsam but havent myself. Have heard mediocre reports. There is an oler report on the dnr site for it but not a recent one. Small northerns, panfish, bass, maybe some eyes i cant remeber. There are better lakes and potholes around but worth a try.