• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bear hunting area 51

how it going bating. i hunt i brookston arera i havent started bating yet but this week im going to i like to start a week before seeson im just seeing how every on alls is doing. last seson i had about a 350 hit my bit sit but it only hit at night soo im wondering how to get it hit in shooting houres any sagshintens, any ifo wood heilp thakxs bear hunter

Some guys suggest leaving a radio on at night. I think the only thing that really works is competition on the bait. The more bears you get hitting a bait, the better the chance the big boy shows up early to run the others out. You might try making a grease moat in front of the bait in hopes of the bear tracking the grease through the woods and getting more action on the bait.

Put up an alternate stand an have a buddy sit the bait with you, 45 minuets before dark have your buddy leave the stand and you stay, making the bear thinks you left, an the coast is clear. figure out where he is coming from an set up a stand further up on his trail, he could be coming in an just sitting outside the bait area, you could catch him approaching the area earlier in the evening. Good luck boar

thax for the the info i put out my bait out sat and cheked it monday and i was alrady hit bye two bears one hit it 2:30 pm and the biger one hit it ate 11:00pm. so im hoping the biger one will start hiting early to run off the littil one i thik its ony a year old cuz its kida small. ill post pics when i chek my bait agin .