• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1997 F150 Transfer Case fluid to high

I have a 1997 F150 4x4. I was seeing some dripping from my transfer case, decided to change the fluid, instead of topping off the level. Turns out there were 2 quarts extra in the transfercase when I drained it. I read a few other articles on the net, that state there is a replacement seal part number F77Z-7B215-AA, and a related service bulletin that I cannot find. Could this be something else or should I look at changing this seal?

Thanks for any input.

I bet if you check the tranny it is low that much! There is a seal in between the transfer case and tranny that needs to be replaced, tranny fluid pushes into the transfercase

Yep,

The seal fails and push's tranny fluid into the transfer case, then out the transfer case seals with pressure. Most likely, the transfer case seals will be ok when the trans to transfer case seal is replaced as far as leaking.