• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Many Cranks......?

riverrat56

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just over 200. Just got my B&B double sided box and think I'm gonna like it. Had box in 2 days after order. Very nice quality and service, IMO. Every thing in 1 box, tanglefree, and easy to see which each one is. No more 3700s, I hope. Might keep one in available to throw the arsenal I plan on using in for quick access.Having everything in one B&B, with one 3700 type box should help maximize floor space and organization.

Problem is, I see another B&B gonna be needed if I get many more, which is inevitable. Good to here my "addiction" isn't as severe as some others, yet. lol.

I ordered 2 more Special Mate Boxes yesterday. I think I like them better then the B&B boxes because its way lighter and I dont have to worry about getting hooks in the zipper or material.

Ill take some pics once I get them loaded and post them here.

Yeah, the B&B is a bit heavy for it's size, but I kinda like that when going across the lake too. Not gonna roll over in wind / waves while getting on plane. The Special Mates look nice, but I didn't like that they didn't have seperate compartments, just separated columns, that would allow baits to still get tangled with eath other. Looking forward to the pix.

Yeah, the B&B is a bit heavy for it's size, but I kinda like that when going across the lake too. Not gonna roll over in wind / waves while getting on plane. The Special Mates look nice, but I didn't like that they didn't have seperate compartments, just separated columns, that would allow baits to still get tangled with eath other. Looking forward to the pix.

My Special Mates have 8 seperate spots on each card. They dont ever touch eachother and dont tangle. I put my leaders on a piece of foam swimming floaty and put that in front of the box and the trays never move. Even in big waves they stay still.

I will try to get pics up when my boxes arrive.

I've actually had mine tip over off the casting platform down to the main deck upside down. Only had about 6-10 bait tangled out of 128. Just not much on an issue in the divided model.

Ok Im pretty sick myself.At last count,I am in the 500s.Even more sick is the fact that Ive got them almost all in Plano cds storage boxes.Individual lures are separated by size,color etc.Ive also changed out nearly all my hooks that come stock on the cranks.I usually head out on the water with about 100 based on the water Im fishing....I CANT STOP crazy.Then again,I like my Illness grin

Well last year my tackle box and all my rods got stolen so I have spent hundreds of dollars this year to get it back the way it used to be... I only have 30 or so cranks but have been watching for them to go on sale so I can get many more.

I was talking to gramps Monday and he was near some tackle in the garage. We started going through some boxes and he said didn't think they had that many to choose from. started to look like a little kid again. I was loving it. He is not much of a crankbait guy, which I am, he has many spinners, spoons and jigs, thats about it for his box. But, they all get the job done, he has proven that.

It's a good idea to know what you have for tackle, last count I was over 600 on crankbaits - not including the muskie lures or rapalas in my trout vest, which I would guess would be about 75, not kidding. I also save all my receipts when I buy tackle. Think about what you have invested. I put an insurance rider on my boat policy and home to include my fishing gear just in case! I know it's an addiction, but you never know what there bitting on and the kids will want the same lure!

Here are a couple of photos of one of my hanging crank boxes for reference.

This is of my 8" hanging crank box. Works for cranks up to 7" like #18 rapalas. I also have a 5" model for storing my shad style baits.

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

Works well for me and I never have to worry about rusty hooks.

Thats the one Borch. I just ordered 3 more. I also use one for spoons.

I have 1 filled with nothing but Bomber Long A's. These are deadly on Lake Superior and Marine General has some killer custom colors.

I needed 2 more special mates. 1 for my Reef Runners and the other for Smithwicks and Raps etc.

I wont have anyplace to stand in my boat pretty soon. grin

They are called Special mate. Through franks great outdoors. They have two sizes on that holds 8". and one that holds 5". The 5's work great for Shadraps. The larger works great for the bigger husky jerk-baits and floating rapalas. grin

Do a search for Special Mate Tackle Boxes and you will get some places that sell them. I ordered mine through Jacksons Tackle and they treated me right by cutting down shipping costs when i got more than 1. Franks wouldnt.

Oh and get the taller one. Even if your storing mostly shad baits it seems like you always want some longer baits with you as well. Works great for spoons too.

Thanks for the info guys... I know I will be ordering me a few of these vary soon. I just went up to cabelas last night a spent another $200 on some crank baits and didn't see any tackle box's like this up there.