• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Many Cranks......?

riverrat56

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually add 4-10 each year. Now that I have to be a bit more selective due to space I am more towards the lower end the past few years. No need to do it all at once unless you really want too. wink

I had this great plan this summer to build my crank bait stock, I was going to buy 2 cranks every time I got paid, so once every 2 weeks. And I did. The problem was when I went on a spree and bought 8 or 9 at a time or found a great deal on hsolist....I think I purchased near 55 cranks this year...

Buying a little at a time, one here and one there, definitely will add up over time. Since I last posted on this topic, I think I've added another 25 cranks to the selection, and I'm afraid to look at the cost total of the musky baits I've bought recently. I think I'm in pretty good shape now for this fall as long as I don't hang too many baits up in the rocks.

The trick is not to go into the stores selling fishing stuff ... true addicts cannot leave these stores without buying more cranks, plastic, etc

I have spend a rediculous amount of money the past few months "buying a little a at a time" 8-)

When every I stop at Gander, FF, Sportsman Warehous, etc to pickup something NON-fishing related ... it never fails, I make my way over to fishing and rarely leave without buying at least a handfull of new stuff ... LOL

Harvey, You just had to open another can of worms eek

If we are going to get into rods & reels we will need to start a new post/thread. That would may just end up being a longer thread than "How many cranks?" wink

Like cranks ... sometimes the challenge for those serious collectors is finding an effective way to store/display your collection ... LOL

Collecting cranks and lures in general is straight up plates man! grin

I would say it is equivalent to collecting baseball cards when you where young (IMO). All I can say is it is better than buying pull-tab’s and blowing that money at the bar.

If I broke out the box’s up in the attic and what I have on the shelf in my garage and in the boat, I am about what TO is at for cranks. I only bring 7-10 cranks with and about 5 rods (three for trolling and two bobber). I have down graded to a small box or bucket for each species I go for. Clutter in the boat to me is a peeve. Everything has its place and if does not, I get it out.

My latest passion for collecting has been musky lures. Like Hanson said, spendy! Instead of $8-$10 bucks, it is $12.00 to $30.00.

I think collecting lures is a fun pastime that keeps us young at heart. Only if the wife knew how much we do spend winkgrin

I dont know how much I believe that rapala dicontinues a color based on national sales.Ive been looking for some models of floating magnums in their original black and silver pattern.Its a timeless color,but now they have changed it up a little.Its not the same pattern and Ive fished it side by side with the old color pattern,doesnt come close on productivity,at least on the water im fishing.Glad Im not alone in the madness of discontinued lures mad.Worst of all is I cant find anywhere to write when I search Rapalas websites