• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How Many Cranks......?

riverrat56

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had over 300 at the start of April but about one month ago someone decided to break into my car at the landing and help there self to about 150 of them along with some other gear of a friend of mine.Just go to show you dont leave any gear behind when you go out fishing because if a crook wants your stuff they will break out your window to get it.Wasnt the only car at the landing that had a window smashed there where 4 others that day frickin crooks.

When you start counting you are admitting you have a problem sick! When you stop counting at 200 (like me) you do have a problem, at least acccording to the wife. I must have at least 100 Reef Runners, 200 various shad raps, and about 100 others. Counting muskie cranks, I probably have a problem. sickgrin

later,

toddb

I definately have the sickness. I've never actually counted, because I'm afraid to. My best guess would be between 250 and 400. On the other hand, I do 90% of my walleye fishing with cranks. So I can justify it with all that bait I'm not buying..........Right? crazy

I don't know how many it is, but I've got 3 18 gallon rubbermaid containers full of Plano 3600 boxes, each one full of cranks. All separated by brand/model/size/color. All I have to do is figure out what I'm going to use, grab a box or two and out the door I go.

Some where in the neighborhood of 500 or so. I have my favorites so I only use 20 or 30 on a regular basis. I seems to nver fail that I don't have the hot one for the day so I go and buy a half dozen of them and they never work again.

I'm a light weight here with a mere 25 but thanks for starting this, I had my wife check it out. Every time we stop at the bait shop and she sees me checking out the cranks I get the "don't you have enough of them already?" grin

I use Plano 3700 boxes. I put as many as 5 or 6 baits in the same little compartment, which is a pain in the a$$ when the hooks get tangled, but I prefer this method becauase I can easily see what baits, colors and sizes I have. I label the ends of the boxes to make it easier to find the cranks I'm looking for, and I leave some of the boxes at home depending on the time of year and what I plan to run.

I've used the hanging style boxes too and like them, but my complaint with them is it's too hard to see the colors and sizes without taking the baits out.

PerchJerker, I use the same method for my cranks however I use hook bonnets on each of them. One small disadvantage is that you can't get as many in the tray with them on. But it makes it a whole lot easier taking one and only one out of the tray when you're fishing....

Best box I found is the special mate box. Hangs about 100 sticks/cranks depending on the box. The make small and deep sized ones. Well at least they used to. I heard they arent being made anymore. Cabelas has some nice hanging boxes but they are spendy. I also use the big plano boxes and keep 7 boxes in a soft sided bag.

Im with Jameson in this one. Im not counting. I dont need more bloody fingers. grin