• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

cleaning fish?

Dakota Iceman

I sure hope they don't go to waste.

If a guy is going to go fishing, keep a pail of them, you should have a plan to have them cleaned.

I wonder how many times this happens????
A guy gets home late, decides to clean them tomorrow. Tomorrow comes, now they are really slimy and looking cruddy and end up in the garbage can.
If they were kept cool they should be fine, so don't dump em in the can.

I always throw my fish in a pail of slush or ice chips. If I don't think I'll be cleaning them as soon as I get home, I make sure the fish are distributed through the slush evenly and when I get home I put the pail in a cold spot (but where the pail won't freeze). I've found that fish stay fresh in there for a couple days, and many times crappies will still be alive after 2 days.

Ever been to a fish market? Ever been to one that isn't on the east or west coast? Fresh fish? Yeah, right! They put 'em on ice too...or when they ship seafood to inland cities (i.e; Minneapolis...) they're on dry ice...you should be alright, as long as the gills are red and they don't smell bad (as stated previously)...

quote:

I sure hope they don't go to waste.

If a guy is going to go fishing, keep a pail of them, you should have a plan to have them cleaned.

I wonder how many times this happens????

A guy gets home late, decides to clean them tomorrow. Tomorrow comes, now they are really slimy and looking cruddy and end up in the garbage can.

If they were kept cool they should be fine, so don't dump em in the can.

BINGO!

essox, You got it! smile.gif I always ask people, "How Long is a chinaman" They give me some goofy answer, then I say again "How Long is a chinaman". Then they get mad. Then I say "How Long IS A CHINAMAN". They still don't get it. It's a statement, not a question. grin.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 02-02-2004).]

Pagz, you're abolutely right! More geese on that side!..........One more easy one...A man and his son are in a car accident after a Father's Day outing. The hospitals are full, so the father goes to one, and the son to another. The surgeon walks into the son's room and says, "I cannot operate on him, he is my son". How can that be?

------------------

If the dog is currently in the woods, the first step he takes, he will be on his way out...

If anyone has hardcore evidence proving this theory please let me know...
If a tree falls in the woods and there is nothing around to hear it fall, does it make any noise?

Key word is "electric", no smoke! No dirt in a hole is correct...A dog would have to run to the halfway point, then it's on its way out. smile.gif.........A man has a chicken, fox, and a bag of corn. He has to get them all to the other side of a river with his boat. Besides himself, only 1 thing can be in the boat at a time. The fox would eat the chicken and the chicken would eat the corn. How does he do it?

------------------

-first bring the chicken over
-come back empty
-next bring the fox over and bring back the chicken
-next bring the corn over and leave the chicken alone, leaving the corn with the fox, go back empty
- get the chicken and bring it back