• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

first look at vs 4oo today

cisco kid

A couple of college students invited me along today to fish on some cribs in 16 fow. They had the aqua-vue and I had my fl-18 with. There were blue gill and rock bass hiding in the crib. I was set on a corner of the crib and the windows on the my vex screen that I had from the edges of the structure in different levels made it difficult to have alot of room to watch my lure and an approching fish. I could see better what I needed to do while watching the camera screen at the same time. I could also see the fish suck in my lure on camera but did not detect this even with a spring bobber and 4lb test. On the vex I could see the fish was very close but didnt look like he had taken the bait. I did move off the crib so I had an obtruction clear view but had less action. You had to skirt the edge for them to poke their heads out. I sure enjoyed this experience. I have had great sucess with the vex for panfish in 10 fow to 25 ft. and love it. For fishing around structure and open areas my next addition will be a camera.

------------------

The lake association was permitted by the DNR and the U.S. Army Corps. of Engineer to carry out construction and placement of cribs. They are 8' by 8' by 4'. 8" dia. green wood. Pretty cool to see with camera.

------------------