• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propane/LP Tank for the Cabin?

Dellfin

Wondering if anyone can tell me the best way, or place, to find a used, functional, 250-500 gallon LP tank for the cabin near St. Cloud, MN. We converted the furnace from oil to propane and need to locate a tank before winter. I'm much more interested in buying vs. leasing. Doesn't need to be pretty, just in good shape.

Any thoughts and/or advice...?

Thanks!!

My propane dealer owns my tank and I don't pay a cent to use it.

Long time customer, buy in bulk by combining my purchase with the neighbor, pre-buy in July, and pay cash. Never had to dicker on the price but I do check rates with other suppliers.

If you buy one on hsolist, I don't know how they will ship it to you?

My dealer in I. Falls, MN (lakes gas) doesn't charge anyone a lease fee? On the 250-1000 gallon tanks they let you use them as long as they get them filled at least once a year.

Check with the local propane place in your cabins area, maybe you can get a deal like this.

Wondering if anyone can tell me the best way, or place, to find a used, functional, 250-500 gallon LP tank for the cabin near St. Cloud, MN. We converted the furnace from oil to propane and need to locate a tank before winter. I'm much more interested in buying vs. leasing. Doesn't need to be pretty, just in good shape.

Any thoughts and/or advice...?

Thanks!!

Hey!!!!

I have a 500 or 550 gallon tank that is in great shape but needs to be moved by monday the 18th. Lets just say the price is flexable. It is in Isanti and you would be resposible to move it.

It is short notice, but it is available...

A couple of other things to remember about a customer owned tank is that you are responsible for all the equipment and any product loss due to a leak is YOUR loss. Like the others have mentioned, many companies will "lease" a tank for nothing if you have it filled at least once a year.