• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Women's Forum Bulletin Board

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went fishing at my little hideaway again. Fish count 1 bass around 3 pounds, 1 walleye 19 1/2 inches long, one sunny nice sized, 2 snakes. Fish for dinner tomorrow night. I am so glad I have a place to run away to when the "old grouch" starts getting to me.

Hit the lake again, nords and bass are biting. 3 pound bass, 4 pound nord, 2 nice sunnies, walleyes zip. Three bite offs, lost 3 bass, released 8 small nords. Spent the morning unloading 20 bags of mulch, 20 landscape timbers, 20 small landscape blocks, 10 full size concrete blocks...sheesh was almost too tired to go fishing.....not!!!

Another night of fishing, only caught one. My personal best nord 28" and around 7 pounds. Caught on a minnow and jig with no leader. Even netted it by myself. Wish you were here Char you woulda liked it! My favorite little lake!

Slow night: only 5 nords (largest 30" new pb) 1 walleye 20". Gotta take a few days off, pulled something in my shoulder cranking the boat in. cry Had a huge beaver follow my lure right to the boat, leaped outta the water and scared the bejeezers out of me, then he cruises off about 10 feet and just looks at me like "what are you doing here".

HEY you know about Zing Zang. I finally convinced the Deer River Liquor store to carry it. That stuff is the BEST. Everything is in it, and once you have tried it, the rest of the Bloody mary mixes will not compare. When it first came out we had to get it from Wisconsin somewhere.

G.C.

How bout adding some jalapeno-stuffed olives, a dab of horseradish, a spear of garlicky Clausen dill and a spicy veni stick?!!! Oh man, my mouth is watering. I'll stop it now! laugh

Your mouth is watering and I am thinking get me to the ER!

Fish correction, the nord was 34 1/2", I measured it with a length of fish line before the release and had estimated 30" but checked it against my ruler this morning.