• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question about cats...

mascad

I've never fished catfish before, but recently have been catching a lot of them at a local lake. I have never eaten them, but have heard they are tasty. Would you recommend eating them this time of year, the lake I have been fishing is only about 12 foot deep max. Thanks.

In a lake, I would go for it. Smaller the better on channels like LFC said.

We all have had catfish in this forum, well almost all.

Come out to the Cool Cats on the Horse Shoe chain this winter.

Do not let these guys fool ya, they know how to make up a mean mess of catfish.

I thought Borch brought the secrete mix last year confused

In a lake, I would go for it. Smaller the better on channels like LFC said.

We all have had catfish in this forum, well almost all.

Come out to the Cool Cats on the Horse Shoe chain this winter.

Do not let these guys fool ya, they know how to make up a mean mess of catfish.

I thought Borch brought the secrete mix last year confused

They were good weren't they? laugh

If one fish tastes good in one lake, chances are more than likely the rest of them would to.

There's that natural chemical in water that makes fish tastes muddy yuck and when water is warm, there's a higher concentration of it. That's more muddy yuck flavor in the fish meat.

catfish are delicious and pretty easy to prepare.

1) fillet

2) batter

3) fry

as simple as that. The part where "secret recipes" come in is usually in batter and seasonings. I'll often throw in some cayenne pepper, paprika, and anything else on hand that sounds good on fish. You can probably find good recipes if you search "cajun catfish recipe" on google, they make a mean fish dish down south (catfish is probably the most popular eating fish in the louisiana/texas/mississippi area, unless you are near a town right next to the gulf).

I have heard catfish is one of the most commonly consumed fish world wide. Maybe farm raised, but still a catfish.

Borch, they where great grin.

It took a team to put together that meal, from Borch, Hanson, Eddie, Dtro and others, but it worked out and tasted awesome cool. Plus all the other foods.

It was the best meal I ever had consumed on the ice.