• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

boat rattles

cray

I have an 06 lund 1625 classic with a 40 merc 4strk. When the motor is at idle the trolling motor bracket and the locator rattle like mad. Is this normal? What can be done to stop this. The locator is mounted on the console and the Trolling motor bracket is a minnkota slide release style.

help

I spent way too much money for a quiet motor to have a noisy boat.

I occasionally get a rattle from my locator, it's from the plastic trim piece that goes around the screen. Pressing or holding it stops the rattle for a while. I keep meaning to tape it or wedge a small piece of cardboard in the gap to tighten it up but never get around to it, and it doens't rattle very often.

Your minnkota slide release plate should be tight. Check the bolts that hold it to the boat, and the bolts in the motor that hold it to the plate. And tighten the set screw. I've never heard of one of those rattling before.

Good luck getting it quieted down.