• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will The Cold Ever End?!?!

hip_hop_fisherman

Anyone been out lately? Too cold for me to go out and move the house as our holes are frozen over so I haven't been out this past week. I can't wait to get back out there! If I only had our Jiffy we brought in the shop nearly 3 weeks ago they're waiting on a "part" for so I could just re-drill the holes. I love my hometown service centers! So quick and dependable.

You better be careful trying to take a [PoorWordUsage] when its that cold........how often do you have 4 days in a row where the temperature never gets above 0 F???

It took 35 minutes this morning for my civic to warm up enough that I could put it in gear....The hydraulic clutch fluid was a little on the viscous side...made my drive a little more fun when I have to apply 5 times the normal force to the clutch pedal. The washer fluid in the car is frozen solid but you don't need it cause there isn't any water on the roads in liquid form (salt don't work at that temp), and the shocks/suspension is so cold I felt like I was driving a horse buggy.

I'm going fishing tomorrow. Hope I can drill holes with my auger. I was within two or three inches of needing an extension on the auger shaft Tuesday night.....and I think we made another 4 or 5 inches in the last couple days.

I checked out the extended forecast. Single digits for the most part next week. Then a warm up for next weekend. Of course they are always wrong so we'll see. It can't stay this cold for too much longer. Wishfull thinking.

Looks like an extension is in order.

I went out two days ago and move the shack in -13 drilled new holes and everthing takes longer in the cold, but I knew it would be nice a quiet once the heat was on boy was I wrong. the lake it self was dead, but under the ice the fish where very hungry. I had good action all day and even some into the night, I was glad the truck started that would have sucked to messing around with that in the cold. I hope the cold stays just a bit longer.

That's a good Q Ice-9. It's not a bad idea to have one. There was 24" as of last Sunday. It's gotta be close to 30" if not more. If you fish in the cities (like me) I think we'll be ok, but MilleLacs and up north you probably need one now.

Now what would you rather have?
1) Cold weather like this?
or
2) 100ºF weather, sweating and Skeets?

Id still go for #1. But for me its a little on the cold side. I like it about 10ºF for a High, so the snow dont melt. grin.gif

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

Cisco simple economics no work no pay. The cold tends to weed out the weak. All we can hope for is a good month of sub zero temps and hopefully the influx of transplants will pack it up and leave the state. This is my 24th winter working outside and I wouldn't have it any other way

I've lived in California (22 yrs), Arizona (6 yrs), Oregon (1 yr), Argentina (8 yrs), North Carolina (1 yr) and now in Minnesota (6 yrs) and I've traveled the world 3 times over...and I'll tell you this. I much rather live here, where one learns to appreciate the season's for what they are meant to be. I was in Indonesia, where it is almost always 90 degrees and 100 percent humidity (since it's on the equator), and believe me...you sweat while you're taking a shower! In California, I would go to the beach, or play golf on Christmas day (while the malls had fake snow and fake Santas), Portland, Oregon sucked for me because it rained for 9 months in 1974, Arizona got boring with all the hot summers and warm winters, and Argentina, well, I love Argentina...too bad the economy is so screwed up there. Great place to live.
But Minnesota is where "men are men, and so are the women" grin.gif

You gotta love the seasons, just when you're sick of winter, spring comes along, signaled by the birds...then when summer wears thin (mosquitos and black flies)...the beautiful fall colors appear, leading us into snowy white winter days...Mother Nature's cycle is truly awesome...

You can always put on more clothes to stay warm, but you can only take off so much in public. grin.gifgrin.gif Down with summer think snow..

------------------
en kala
(I fish)

Don't want to talk about the old days BUT back in the 60s when I was a kid this winter would have been a wimp. It seemed every year was a ton of snow and colder than a well diggers ankle in Alaska. Anyone remember the winter of 65??? Snow, snow, more snow and cold!!!

Hey guys i feel for ya here in western ny on sunday it was a balmy 30deg .. thats above 0 fishing was great and i was actually sweating drilling holes.Of course i work in a hot glass factory where the air temp is 180 in the summer and the winter temp will be around 120.The cold air felt good .

------------------
ny angler