• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskies in the Newspaper

RK

Hiya -

After the justifiable crabbing about muskie coverage in the Strib recently, I thought I'd point out the other side of the coin from the other side of the river. This past Sunday's Pioneer Press (which I finally had time to read last night) had a very cool profile of 'Musky Tom' Wehler by Chris Niskanen. Very cool piece, and Tom is absolutely one of the A-#1 good guys in the muskie world. One of my favorite people in the business... I haven't looked, but I imagine you can find the story online at the PP HSOforum.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Yes, the story is still on the PP HSOforum. Great read!

One of my goals is to head up there and fish with him for a day or two. The guy is a hoot.....best way to say it. If you've ever talked to him or read his posts you'll know what I mean.

Anyone that says "Keep on rockin'" is a guy I want to fish with!

Fished with Muskie Tom a number of times and he is a class act all the way. If you ever get the opportunity to fish with Tom, you will be laughing the entire time. Very entertaining person and really does know how to find the spot on the spot up on the "V". I will be looking for that article.

RK, JIGGIN, Cjac.

I do it for you.

Sposed to be fun...

Kind words all...I'm taken aback.

I just fish, enjoy life, have fun...try to infect others in a good way.

Never ask for storys ot TV stuff...just sort of happens.

If your up make the call, drop in.

We aim to please an enjoy company no an again...even humans.

Keep on Rocken.

T.

PS.

Short video out or up now on Twincites dot com from that day...kind of fun..real pretty an I'm ever so handsome.

smile

Good little video. Got it in an email from Tom this morning. One of the perks of having worked with Pearson, Walsh and Johnson...... smile

Tom is definately on my "have to hire" guides before I quit fishing for these crazy fish.

Just wanted to add something about Tom that you don't see from too many guides. And he doesn't know me and I don't know him, but I thought this was pretty admirable. Hunter and I were on V a couple weeks ago. We had a few we had seen earlier and left them, hoping to come back on them at sunset/moonrise if nobody beat us to the spot. So we kept an eye on it from a distance and moved in just prior to primetime and surprisingly there weren't a bunch of guys out for a Sat nite. Tom pulls up with his client on the next reef and camps on it just like we were - maybe he knew of a big one there or just knew it to be a good spot. Anyway, as prime time approaches, he sits down and lets his guy take all the casts. I thought that was pretty cool, because we all know that in a given period of time, a boat will be lucky to boat one or two fish, and if there's two of you throwing, I think your chances of you being the one who does the catching just got cut in half. So I thought that was pretty neat.

ps: I lost my focus and blew one in the eight!