• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anyone sell just the Vexilar by itself?

Sheephead

My Dad's Vex fried here a couple of weeks ago and he just wants to buy the unit itself, I've been looking around and all I've seen is the Pro-Paks for $299 and the Genz-Paks for $279, he already has the Transducer and battery and float and charger, he just wants the unit itself. Anywhere he can get one? He has the FL-8 but its one of the 1st models so it was ready to go. Thanks for any help I can get!

I would suggest contacting the company. My FL-8 (18yrs. old) just fried ie: motor went out, and they were able to put in a new motor for about $100 or so. It sure beat a whole new unit. Just go to their HSOforum (company name.com) and you can get the phone number and address.

I took an old FL-8 in last summer. It was completely fried and the transducer was also shot. Walked out of there with a completely rebuilt unit and new x ducer for about $130. And yes, if you contact them, they will sell just the Vex itself. I asked a rep at a show in November and at first he said no. A while later (after he checked) he said they would. But the price was higher than having the old one repaired...........T

Look at the Vexilar FL8-SLT deep with the dual beam color iceducer on Reed's page. It costs less than the units with the single beam iceducer and is a good deal. My unit arrived in the next day after I placed the order.