• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Gear!

Shack

Got my boy on a 100R Honda tonight!

He is 11 years old and he worked enough to get a cycle. Here are some of his first images on the bike.

j3goOkKy7pWGqioXBleZEx0WxJ7ZKv5h0300.jpg

+RdlIBTX-lywrvZH0+92HAhq9LNqLOIJ0300.jpg

Y-VpArIyBx-qi4af04rIkk9786igudE10300.jpg

I am proud how he rode right out from the start. I think he is out in the back field putt'in it in second gear now grin

Got to start them young!

Kids like duck on water with this bike grin

aEJ+-WbtpVU-YlHqPhSD9KZQGYop+koe0300.jpg

reWS+Hmdi-hv+8z62RiN5bbgj2QYuSsN0300.jpg

He said he got it up to forth gear to night on a tractor road out back. I told him to slow it down and not tell his Mom. She was at work tonight grin

Thats great shack! Bought my boy a 125 Yammy when he was 10. When he starts to get cocky and going tooooo fast have him do a figure 8 in the driveway and a few quick stops. They will figure out pretty fast there is more to it than shifting gears and opening the throttle. If he pulls it off then maybe you don't have to worry too much, but if he is like my kid, he will be humbled in a hurry.

Thanks guys!

My boys interest’s realmed mostly around the guitar, but now it is all about dirt bikes and motorcycles. Much so, he has taken a huge liking/interest into Evel Knievel. We had to watch a couple hour tribute on the History Channel today.

We also built a couple new tracks out back in the woods. Both are flat for now, but one is pretty much a circle and the other is a an oval with some S curves. We will add some bumps and moguls after a while.

We also had a party yesterday and a couple Harleys showed up. He was out pointing stuff out on the bikes. Him and I went threw his bike (maint. Fluids and such) and he learned allot about how bikes work.

I feel letting him get this bike was a positive responsibility builder for him. I encourage anyone who can, if gone about the proper way (I.E. letting the child earn the bike, making him responsible for it and scaring the death out of them about cycles grin) this is just one more aspect of properly raising a child. A little responsibility can go long way.

Shack you hit the nail on the head with the responsibility part. A fall can be dangerous but on dirt at slow speed will help in the mind works training. Remember there are 2 types of riders, Those that went down and those who are going to go down. Just try to keep everything in a controlled manner.

Yes, keeping it in a controlled manner is a must. From respect for the machine to limiting what he can do until further experience is grasped. It has been a series of steps so far. I have been waiting for the first biff to occur, it might or might not. Mom is looking into getting some padding this week and a better helmet.

Here are some images of him on the large Oval track last night for the first time.

e68qrzVQsEnoP+Y4YawPTo9jRAaxCMgw0300.jpg

2IeVReGwxeWRA7-3xsdbQCu3M9whW6e80300.jpg

NOD8hSk3oyHcvaWANoybZSlaLYcOIBhH0300.jpg

VUv8F5DN-iNWEZw-fUCClUUa+FaHYLHe0300.jpg

gWGazNNlErKodKeUXL5j96-TxbCysNlC0300.jpg