• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

which do you prefer?

coolbreeze

Depends on the lake. There are alot of factors that contribute to success in both scenarios. Personally, I have never had much luck morning fishing. Most success has been toward evening. I've even had good luck at high noon on some lakes. Weird...

I'm a morning guy, in the summer I'm generally on the water by 6am, clients by 7am, fish shortly thereafter with any luck, evenings tend to bring out the guys who have been drinking all day..Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Definately afternoon into evening! It is one of my favorite past times and I want to enjoy it. I don't want to get up in the middle of the night, get everything ready and make the drive in the dark, so you can be ready to fish at the bewitching hour.

I want to be rested, take my time getting everything ready, make sure I don't forget, or break anything in a rush to get going.

If a problem occurs in the dark, it is usually amplified over what it would be in the light.

I want to do a little sight seeing on the way up, maybe see a daytime fox, or coyote,
a couple of raptors, enjoy the winter day.

When you get to the lake, you have time to do some recon, do a little hunting on the ice and be settled into your game plan, by the time bite time rolls around.

For me, it is all part of the experience, I believe it takes a little piece of each phase, to make up the whole! For me it is definately evening.

Let me add on to my previous post. During the hard water I like the dusk bite, but during the open water the early morning is great! drowned minnow got me thinking about the sounds and the way the early morning feels when you head down to the dock and head out onto the lake smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy