• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mathews DXT

harvey lee

Ask if you can shoot the bow if they have an indoor range. I know they let you shoot up here in Warroad. At least they let me when I got my last bow. I could go in there now and shoot one but then I would want to buy it and last time I did that I did end up buying it. Posta be a light set up as far as weight goes even with a quiver on it. My SQ2 will have to do for now. Good luck

I was totally in that boat Tom. My current bow does the job, so why upgrade?

I did shoot the DXT. It's a pretty nice bow. Its plenty fast, but not the fastest. Its very smooth draw with a little bit of shock and vibe. Obviously thats to be expected with the faster bows. I've shot one bare and one with all the stabs and everything and they do quiet down pretty easily.

My negative for the new DXT were that its 29" ATA and that seems really short in my hands. I also do not like the grip. Its still way too fat. It looks nice but I like a thin, flat grip.

I was able to shoot it just fine, but it didn't wow me.

You and I both know the great folks at Cabin Fever will help you try anything you like. They carry Hoyt now so make sure and shoot the Katera. That was my second choice behind the PSE X-Force that I bought. Good luck.

Shot it at the whitetail expo in Owatonna last March. Loved it, but still like my Switchback XT just as much. I'm not sure how much I cared for the very narrow limbs. I thought the grip was thinner than my XT, but still plenty fat.

Surpised your looking now Harvey. You've only got a month before opener. Better get crackin.... Good luck and let us know what you pick up.

The DXT is nice but there are 3 others I'd put ahead of it. The switchback xt, the drenalin, and the s2. Hate the mathews grip. Put a torqueless on if you can. Personally, I like the mathews switchback xt the best of the bows I mentioned.

You may want to check out the bowtech lineup as well. The guardian is probably the softest shooter out there.

I have the Mathews Drenalin and love it. I got it after the season and got one heck of a deal on it for getting a "Carry Over" bow. I have small hands and love the grip but I could see if you have bigger hands where it wouldn't fit as good. Biggest problem that I have had with the new THIN design is that you have to have your grip the same every time and if I change up my grip I can change from hitting eggs to barely hitting the target. I am glad I got the Drenaline but I think if a Switchback would have been an option I would have taken that one instead.

I shot the DXT today and purchased one.

Cool! Have fun setting it up and getting it to drive tacks for you. I used to hate that phase of the game, but now I really enjoy it. I hope it works out great for you and slays a big ol' buck for you this Fall.