• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sturgen caught while ice fishing

ryan johnson

Ryan, can you explain to me how you attached your pic to your posting? I've been trying to figure it out but have all but given up....thanks.

[Note form Rick: you use the URL where your pic is located and put it between image tags

your URL is between the image tags above with no spaces..right Ryan??

a URL is like: http://yourserver.com/yourpic.jpg

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-29-2004).]

Ryan:
What lake were you fishing, and are you inside your fish house? WOW if you are. I too would like to figure out how to post pic's. BTW, if you are in fact inside your ice shack, is it a crank down style? OK, enough with the questions..LOL

beleive it or not thats the ice shack we where in...on how to post..it took me a long time also..the biggest problem was finding the site to host the picture..the only one i found that works every time is shutterfly..just get a account (for free)then upload the pictures to the site..then click on the thumbnail of the picture,It willl then enlarge..then put your pointer over the picture and right click on it..you will see properties on the list click on it...you will then see the url adress on the list..double left click on it so the whole adress is highlighted, then right click on the highlighted adress and scroll down to copy and release the right button..it is now stored in the memory of your computer..then do your post and start a new line ()but dont use the brackets(),i have to use them so it shows up properly..then after that right click and sroll down to paste..then you should have the url adresss showing..imediately after that put()with out the () again... then it should work..it should look like this with out the()
( 47b4df08b3127cce87dccd71c4c10000002613 )
if you have more problems just ask and ill try to help

Thanks Ryan, well here is an attempt to post my Sturgeon I got last Thanksgiving weekend up at LOW......Hope it works...

47b4df08b3127cce87d89e2784270000001610

[This message has been edited by Eyewitness (edited 01-29-2004).]

all i get is a red x...because you have already been to yahoo and have viewed the picture it will show up when you are viewing it..but nowone else will see it...trust me i had the same problem..try shutterfly...can anyone else see his pic?

OK, that makes sense....kinda. What I had to do to see my pic and not the red X was to go back to FM ice fishing main forum and reopen the post. It seemed to work fine after that. If not for everyone else I'll go try shutterfly. Thanks a bunch Ryan!

Well Ryan I think I got it to work with Shutterfly.....although the fine print says specifically that using images to third party sites is prohibited. Not sure if they'll do anything, but what's the worst that could happen.... grin.gif

Thanks again!

The site that I have used is sony imagestation. You can upload the pictures in the storage bin and the open the picture up right click on the picture go to properties and copy the address and the paste it in your posting. in between this put your address that you copied. Imagestation is also free you have to do a sign up and register but there is no cost to use it. I also used VillagePhotos but they have limit to how much space you can use for free without having to pay a fee.

That is one awesome looking shack. I like the diamond plate.

Aw the sturgen I have only caught 1 myself and wouldn't you know I didn't have my camera along that day so I have no proof of it.
------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by iffwalleyes (edited 01-29-2004).]