• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

L-X3 zoom ??

When using the zoom do you read the left or right side of the screen? The manual says the left but the right side seems to be in finer detail. Am I doing something wrong? This is my first flasher for ice fishing and its a brand new world down there.

The reason the right side is in finer detail is because it is a bigger portion of the water column. The left side is zoomed into the 5 or 10 feet that you have it set at. When fishing perch and walleyes that are usually on the bottom, I'll mainly look at the bottom zoom on the left side of the screen and every now and again take a quick glimps at the right incase a crappie comes in suspended. Good Luck!

You do read the left side. Last weekend on Mille Lacs Scott S. showed me how to use my zoom properly. My problem was I was not being patient enough to wait for the left side to show up before I was pressing the down arrow again. I mostly use my LX3 on URL - Very shallow lake 14' big bowl, but I still like to use the zoom once and a while. It is kinda like a new toy - you just play around with it instead of reading the instructions first. Keep Smiling.

The left side is the zoom, the right side is the whole water column. When you are moving the zoom up and down you will see blinking yellow lights, whats inbetween those lights is what you see on the left part of the screen. When in the 20 foot range the first time you push the zoom button the zoom range on the left is 5 feet, the second time you push the zoom button the zoom range on the left is 10 feet. Same goes for the 40 foot range. In the 80 foot range you have 10 foot zoom after the first push, and 20 foot zoom after the second push of the zoom button. When in the 160 foot range the first time you push the button you have a 20 foot zoom window, and the second time you push the botton you have a 40 foot zoom window on the left. You can move the zoom by using the up and down buttons, watch the blinking yellow lights on the right and that is what you are seeing on the left. You will get used to it quick.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Once you get your zoom area set, don't forget to fine tune it after you drop your lure to the bottom! Lift it up about 3 inches off the bottom - if you can't see it bump the up or down zoom button until your lure shows up. Unless you are on a really steep slope you should be able to see your lure as soon as you lift it an inch or two off the bottom.
You will also probably have to turn your gain down after you go into zoom mode.
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005

[This message has been edited by Cliff Wagenbach (edited 01-30-2004).]