• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has anyone thought why certain color spinners work at different times.

croixflats

Well I was reading a book about catching trout and this is an explanation on red. My rendition is more basic but I think its the jist of it.

Red is a common color is displayed when fish at spawn and the predator fish keey off on the change knowing it time for easy pickens.

Now for the other colors I'm not sure how it attracks the fish. Itjust maybe something as simple as being easily seen or mimicking bait fish that are schooling at the time

What are your thoughts

good question.... I have always wondered why a subtle color change or difference can make a difference. It is fun to me to be able to use to colors at the same time on border waters to see what is going to produce the best that time or day. I have no clue really; but higher visibility seems to produce more and then some times a more natural presentation other times? My faves always seems to be a red and white or black and white... which seems to bring up visibility again. and we can't forget one of my favorite french words chartreuse

Color preference seems to be ever changing. I have some lakes where if it's not flourescent orange you just don't catch much. Other lakes it just seems that's a terrible color.

Not to mention how it seems to change from hour to hour at times. The fish want what they want, when they want it and where they want it. wink

How come it is when red is the color of the hook or lure it is for improved visibility for the fish, but when red is the color of the line it is so the line cannot be seen by the fish?

The red line craze was just a ploy to catch fisherman, not fish. A lot of people, myself included blushcrazyblush, fell for it. Red can be seen, quite well, by fish for long distances.