• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOTW report

chiroeye

Thinking about making a trip to Nestor Falls and fishing Sabaskong Bay around March 15th. I have been up there a few times in late December and January, but have never been in the area in March. Is the fishing as good as it is earlier in the year? I always do well on crappies earlier, but would like to get into some walleyes as well, I have heard they are better later in the season, also, Northerns should be moving into the bays to get ready to spawn at that time. Any ideas from someone with experience at that time of year would be great. Fish on!

I've fished LOW in March for the last 7 or 8 years and I have always found the crappie fishing excellent. I find that the crappie fishing is best after 2 pm. We generally fish the Hay Island area and a couple of spots in Stevens Bay. I'll be at LOW March 11 - 15. We also fish Crow and other lakes in the area for trout. Snowmobiles are usually necessary to fish Crow and beyond.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Oh man,
Lakers and Muskies on Crow, then slab crappies, jumbo perch, and walleyes out of Sabaskong on LOW...In March.

Definitely a good trip smile.gif