• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big fish and lots of them

Athabasca Tours

Lake Athabasca in northern Saskatchewan Canada has big fish and lots of them Lakers up to 60lbs. Northern Pike in the 50"range grayling and walley Trolling, casting and Fly fishing for either species works,Flies, or surface hooks are a blast for lakers they are just as aggresive as Pike espescially in the 20 to 25lbs. range, the bigger ones run and hide.Imagine 50 plus fish a day most over 20lbs. this lake is untouced and has it all, check out the pictures at Lake Athabasca Tours

------------------
hog slayer

Best time for the Hogs are June, July and September,June we catch them in as little as 6 feet of water you can see the Lakers on the bottom of the Lake, Pike are the same in shallow water basking in the sun they look like logs on the bottom, use surface hooks for either species such as frogs, mice etc. etc.The Lakers are as aggressive as Pike espescially in the fall when they are comming in to spawn.It's amazing when you latch on to a 30 plus pounder and another is right beside it we had a guy last year with a 50 lbs. fish on light tackle and the rod didn't break.This lake is without question the best Lake for volume and size of fish caught.

I don't mean to put this body of water down, but i've fished the lake about 10 years ago. If it wasn't for the lakers i don't think we would of had many fish on our lines. I'd like to think that we were more experienced to catch more northerns or walleyes, but it was tough at that time. Lakers were a great time and a fun fish to catch. Wanted to know if anyone else had the same luck we did 10 years ago?? It sure was a long drive from central minnesota!!!!

Hey i hear you the big northerns and lakers was what brought us there. We just must of hit it wrong. i do remember it being very hot. I'm with you though we had a blast with the lakers.

The best time to catch Northern Pike is in June or July, your guide must be prepared to go to where the fish are, we venture where we must to get the bays in which the Pike like to lounge in.Lakers do seem to be the fish of choice for most fisherman, everyone wants to latch onto the 50 pounder.As for walley they are on the west side of the lake in the delta / river system, I could give more details if someone wants to listen?
For prices e-mail me.