• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Am I the only one.. Olympics?

Deitz Dittrich

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never would have guessed that US swimming team was that good. Also a nice bronze surprise by the men's gymnastics. Pretty good with the hamn brothers out. Holy Cow are those guys strong.

I suggested to my wife that she put on a pair of shorts like the volleyball players wear. laugh

She fired back at me that I should put on shorts like the men's divers wear. crazy

The conversation ended there.

anyone besides me just watch Michael Phelps a little bit ago win another Gold and World Record, first 1/2 of a race almost looked like one, but boy he kicked it in high gear and schooled the rest and showed why he hasn't lost that race in 7 years....I hope he gets all 8 this year, his own medal count is up to 10 now...very impressive

Depending on what service you have NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA, Oxygen are the channels carrying the Games.....plus a few more on Dish-Net and Direct TV.

I DVR/Tivo it all and choose what to watch so I've seen at least 10 boxing matches so far.

Depending on what service you have NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA, Oxygen are the channels carrying the Games.....plus a few more on Dish-Net and Direct TV.

I DVR/Tivo it all and choose what to watch so I've seen at least 10 boxing matches so far.

Yea, i seen boxing on most of the day on USA (the channel) on either saturday or sunday. Didn't watch, just remember seeing it in the preview description.

as far as why is the gymnastics and volleyball on all the time? Besides the outfits whistle, they are the most watched sports of the olympics i believe.

I used to watch them more when i was younger, but now it is getting so commercialized with pro athletes and other athletes country jumping to play for money. Growing up it was about amatures competing and there was just something pure about it that made it more appealing. It doesn't do anything for me to see Kobey bryant going for a gold medal tired.

Now watching the young gymnasts that have dedicated their lives to the sport just to be the best at it, that is a better story and what it is about.

With that said, i like watching all of the volley ball and some of the gymnastics stuff and some of the track and field. basically not glued to the TV for the event, but will watch it when it is on.