• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

6800 or 1060

syd2nd

I had decided on a Clam 6800 and my son looked at a 1060 and said it was a better house and it was also cheaper. Any advice on these two houses. I think I will wait a bit to see if they come down in February.

Syd

The 6800 is your run of the mill suitcase style, the 1060 is more like the foldout style like the traps, If your looking more towards setting up and fishing, they're both good units. If you perfer to move more I would check into the dual flip sleds. Eskimo makes a mint dual flip but price is any where from $629 to $750. The polar sport 6x12 dual flip is awesome. I have the 3 man single but going to upgrade to the bigger one if granpappy don't beat me first.

I bought a 1060 about 3 weeks ago. Yes, it does have 10 poles that you have to snap together, but I can put it up and tear it down in under 3 minutes. You can easily fish 3 people in it, 2 holes each, with room to stretch your legs, and still have a 20lb propane tank, 2 minnow buckets, Vex, room for all your other gear. It's a very nice portable for people that go to one spot and fish. Most of the fishing that I do is in the Chisago area (home) and I know where the fish SHOULD be, so I don't move alot, just make sure I mark fish before I set up. In my opinion, between the 2 houses, I'd get the 1060, it'll give you 12 more square feet to put the buckets and heaters out of the way. Doesn't sound like alot, but it's nice.

Lwn