• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats your most memorable fish?

icebum1

I was fishing in Crandon WI with a friend of mine and his kids. We had about 12 tip ups out and it started to snow with winds at about 20mph. When we picked up at dark several of the flags were up with nothing on. We got to the last tip up and the flag was up. I offered to my buddy to take the line and he said no because his hands were cold and wet. I asked him again and he said no go ahead. I pulled a 12 lbs walleye out of that hole. I love to tell that story when he is around.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freefly, there's many lakes in Crandon, but is the lake you're talking about named after a tree? I know of one close to Crandon that gives up some HUGE eyes early ice.
Most memorable for me at this time.....A 32 1/2", 13.8# walleye I just happened to catch tonight!! grin.gif She's a beauty, and she's going to be added to the "Walla Walleye". Caught a 25"er and several smaller 15-22"ers.
Spring fishing...You gotta love it!
Pictures will be comeing as soon as I get them developed.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

Last Spring a group of us fished Basswood one afternoon and caught and released a dozen Pike over 10 pounds. They were 2 10#, 2 11#, 1 13#, 2 15#, 1 16#, 2 17#, 1 19#, and my biggest one to date the 46 1/2 inch 22# 11 oz monster. I can't wait until the replica is ready. That was just one of those days.

Reefdawg

The walleye that chased a minnow right up and outta my hole.NOPE
The northern that scarred the back of my hand trying to steal a sunny out of it.NOPE
The 25# carp I snagged by the tail on 2# line while crappie fishing.NOPE
The time I caught 2 small snakes on a daredevil at same time.NOPE
The muskie that broke my brand new muskie pole mad.gifbut still managed to land. smile.gifNOPE
The northern that jumped right into boat and landed on my feet.NOPE
Being an honest fisherman I'd say "It's the one that got away". Must've been a walleye maybe 55-60 inches. YEP that'd be the one grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

a few years ago me and a buddy were trolling for walleyes when he thought he had hooked into the biggest walleye on the planet...he was cussing and swearing on how it wouldn't come up off the bottom, out of the corner of my eye i noticed that our bouy was bouncing up and down... i burst out laughing and let him know that his world record walleye was the bouy....... i will never let him forget that one