• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I know it's a long shot...

KMR85

I know this is a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try. Just wondering if anyone knows the name of a good catfish guide down on the Santee Cooper Lakes in South Carolina? I will be down there at the end of september for my honeymoon and I will be booking a guide for a day. I saw a show last year that Winkelman did down in S.C. fishing for cats and they did rather well. Problem is I emailed his HSOforum and haven't got a response about the guide he used. That was over a month ago. Since my fiance wanted to go to SC for the honeymoon, I figured we would do a day of cattin on some of the best catfish waters in the country. There are a lot of guides on the net, but I figured I would go with someone that I am referred to, if possible. And yes the future wife likes to go catfishing, so I didn't even have to beg! This better not change after the wedding eek

Go online and Google Santee cooper guides.

If you looking for a personal recommendation from some one up here. You are shooting for a long shot.

Not many blue hunters... and as far as Flathead fisheries. WE have one of the best in the nation in our back yard... No reason to go any where else.

I was trying to learn everything I could on driftfishing techniques and I bought a DVD on Catfish Connection about drifting on Santee Cooper Reservoir. They hired a guide named Glenn Hood for the video and he put some nice blues in the boat. I was impressed with the guy from the video - I looked up the HSOforum from the video. This is the contact information:

Glenn Hood, Santee Cooper Guide Service

Thanks Steve, I probably came across him already just like many others. My goal for this thread was to try and get specific names rather than searching the huge number of guides for these lakes. I appreciate the help.