• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd Annual Burntside Bash

Surface Tension

poster.jpg
The Burntside Bash is a mini Ice leaders event also. I'd like to encourage every one to get registered ahead of time so we get an idea how many people we have.
Your entry fee will entitle you to my Famous Fire Hole Chili to accompany your grill ables. We'll have paper plates, bowls, utensil along with condiments for you. You'll also be competing for the Worlds Greatest Fishermen title and awarded a trophy. If that isn't enough we have some great prizes to be raffled off.

Otter Den Ice Shelter
large.jpg

Eskimo Barracuda Auger
smbarracuda.jpg
Un Bucket
sysbackpack.jpg
Stone Legacy Hole Covers
freezebee.jpg
Rod Straps by Today's Tackle
RSside-pail.jpg
Snakors by SMI - Soderbloom Manufacturing, Inc. Maker of the QuickSet Ice Shelter.

Certificate For
**Guided Fishing trip with Fishing Mn's** Jim W. One day stream or small river wading for smallmouth and trout in SE MN with.
Call Jim to schedule a day "spin-fishing" for Brown trout and Smallmouth bass.

We want to thank all the companies that have donated these great products. I also would like to thank our very own Jim W. for the the Guided Fishing Trip. If your familiar with the forum you'll know Jim W for his expertise on rivers along with his great sense of humor. Thanks Jim. I owe you big.

We are using the same rules as the Ice Leaders Event with these amendments.
Species are Lake Trout and Pike.
Only one fish per species may entered.
All fish Must be weighed in by 2 PM.
We'll be meeting at the the HQ at 7 AM
Contest starts at 8 AM.
Must be present to win.

BsidemapQ.jpg

[This message has been edited by Surface Tension (edited 01-26-2004).]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it now that its a Ice Leaders event we will have prizes? What would they be? Same as other ice leader events? If people knew the prizes they would more than likely sign up. Houses, Flashers, Tackle, Rods etc.?

[This message has been edited by Northlander (edited 12-18-2003).]

Nice, I get to hit up three tournys in January. I might have to quit my job because of all the money I will be making wink.gif . I have a question though. Who/How will we get tickets in advance?
><>deadeye

It's my understanding the event will be posted for pre-registration on the www.iceleaders.com site. It's not up there yet, so be patient. Meanwhile, if you want to have a look at the other events on that board you can get an idea of how the registration process will be handled grin.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 12-18-2003).]

KEWL!!!!
I'm in, except now that its an official tourny, are we still gonna have a floor-busting keg get-together? Oh right, later. May have to wait til noon to have the first drinky-poo, eh Steve???
Naw, since the limit is only 2 and i will have been scouting spots on opener, i can figure to be done fishing by 11 wink.gif, and "socialize" til doorprize time grin.gif
Xplorer

PS: Nice graphics Frank cool.gif
PSS: Note to self. Self, get a pair of those mukluk things so you can look like you are "one of 'em" in Ely wink.gifwink.gif

[This message has been edited by Xplorer (edited 12-19-2003).]

Hey Xplorer:

Actually, mukluks mark you as a new world Elyite, and here, as in many small towns, many of the ones who came first look down on those who came later. The muks didn't become common up here until the late 80s, and Leaky will tell you that a lot of the old-time native Elyites don't hold much with such newfangled footmongery. grin.gif

But man, they're as warm as any boots I've ever owned, and they're as comfortable as an old pair of slippers. Not waterproof, however.

See you up here, Chris. Every gathering outghta have a couple LaCrosse natives to keep life in perspective. cool.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

For as old school as I am when it comes to Ely, I've owned a pair of knee high muckers for the past 10 years. Like Steve says, warm as heck and light as a slipper. I'll never go without. There is a spray you can buy to help waterproof those babies. Now as far as the Crockodile Dundee Hat and sandels in the summer.....................

Oh yeah, my Ma sews at Steger's, so I think everyone should own a pair. grin.gif

Steve,
Actually thought about getting the Mrs a pair of them as a Xmas gift this year (that is until she saw a ring she loved on vaca)
Any idea who might carry a half barrel of Lager smile.gif for the event????
Looking forward to being up for this, sounds like a good time will be had by all. Keep me informed as to ice conditions, i'll be up for opener (only 4 weeks, YAAAAA) with Leaky and Chunky to sniff out some hotspots.
May even consider hitting the north arm if its possible to run by sled from dead river up there on the ice. Have a good weekend all, I'm off to the Xplorer family Xmas gathering, then over to the inlaws for their Xmas and some good snowmobiling action.
Ice a few for me over the holidays!
Xplorer

[This message has been edited by Xplorer (edited 12-19-2003).]

I heard rumor that 30 inch trout "Chunky" caught last year was a replica????
Anyone verify this!lol

I still don't believe!!lol

Really looking forward to it guys!
make sure you find me and introduce yourself this year! I think I still have my button!

Jim W

North Arm's plenty accessible by sled from the Dead. Burntside's not all THAT big. Last year there was so little snow I got on one day at the North Arm and cruised all over the north and east arms in the pickup, fishing as I went. grin.gif

On the muks, I use the spray. Works OK, but not when you're into slush or lots of heavy snow. Still, they're a darn good way to stay warm, and I'll have to ask S.T. a bit more about those women. wink.gif

Sing the following to the tune "Daniel Boone Was a Man," for those of you who remember it from the old TV show.

"Chunky's trout was a trout,
was a big trout,
with a skin like leather
but light as a feather was he . . . "

It was real. grin.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 12-19-2003).]

Steve,
Good to know, i had wondered if there were any problems going thru the narrows into the north arm. Will be traveling by sled when i'm there on opener and looking to run around a bit. I used to camp up on the north arm many years ago, caught lots of smallies.
Jim, it was REAL!! And i will venture to say that it will take a laker over #10 to take 1st/2nd/3rd prize for the derby.
Xplorer