• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camping on an Onterio island on LOW

Scoot

That should be Ontario, not Onterio in the subject- wouldn't want to mispell something and make some English major mad grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Can somebody explain to me the rules and regs regarding camping on an island on the Ontario side of LOW? This coming summer I'd like to go by water from the lighthouse gap area (we'll have Ont. lisences and border crossing permits). I want to camp on an island near the North side of Big Island (or East of there a little ways- Rubber, Firebag, Naongashing- just that general area.) First, what do I need to to do to camp anywhere up there? Next, some or all of Big Island is Indian preserve- can I not camp on any of the North side of Big? I assume I can camp on most of it? I know there's a camping permit of some sort- what is involved in getting it? How much does it cost? Can I order it, my lisence, and border crossing permit online? Where and how?
Holy dump, I ask a lot of questions! grin.gif
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Scoot (edited 01-26-2004).]

Thanks Killer, but I have one more question that I couldn't find an answer to. Can I order a border crossing permit online or by phone or do I need to get that in person?
Scoot

Scoot,
You can do anything you want. . .if you don't get caught. jk
Actually, it's about time to start planning a summer LOTW trip isn't it? When are you thinking about going?

Anothe trip that you'd enjoy would be a flathead trip to the MN River.

We'll talk,
MJ

I'm planning, but it's too far off to worry about details yet. We'll see. A trip chasing flats would be fun. My dad's been talking with a fellow rod builder about a trip this summer sometime- an exchange LOW for MN river deal. I think I might be able to weasel in on that deal.
Scoot