• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MarCum LX-3 vs Lowrance X67c

icebum1

In the position for a new flasher, Ihave a FL8. Was looking at the marcums. I've heard nothing but good things about them. then I came across the new lowrance. does anyone have one? and how do you like it? They are the same price 399.00. Also has a duel screen graph or flasher. Should work great for the front of the boat in the summer. Any info would be great. Fill the Bucket!!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it, I think its great. Im planning on fishing with an uncle who has the Marcum LX-3 soon, we will compare. So far I have no complaints, no REAL ones anyways.

(They could have made a better carrying case IMO)

I have had one since first ice and I love it. Works great and i'm looking forward to using it in the boat.
The flasher is very easy to see for its size and the split screen graph worked great when I found some Crappies at 15 feet over 45 feet of water, I could zoom right into them.
The flasher also has a zoom but it only does bottom 6 feet, wish it was movable.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

If you plan on fishing in close proximatey to another flasher, I'd go with the Marcum. The Ice Machine doesn't have an IR button as far as I know and my buddy has a tough time reading his when I'm around with my Marcum. My unit is fine after a punch or two on the IR.

I haven't used the X67 either but from the reports of it picking up interference from flashers I would strongly suggest not getting the X67. I've been there with other sounders. Say your in you perm shack and a couple guys setup with flashers 50' from you. You X67 picks up interference, you have 3 choices, turn yours off, ask your new neighborer to turn their flashers off, or move. I'll tell you right now its not worth the headache. What about your buddy with a flasher? You won't be fishing together because of the interference. Get the MarCum and be done with it.

ST you should be a sales man, good points thanks just filled out the order from cabelas. should have it in a few days Thanks to all for the input I used the FL8 so much had to have the brushes replaced twice still works good. (Crank em to the Top)

ST is right about the interference, I have the X67, its a great unit, but the only problem is the interferce, you should look at it this way, if you are strictly going to use it for ice fishing I would go with a marcum or a vexilar, If you want to use it for both ice and open water the X67 shines, its like getting two units in one. I haven't heard much about marcums on open water, but I know the Linder's are a big fan of the vex FL-18 in open water because of the low power setting to read through heavy weeds, I think the marcum would have to much power to fish read through heavy weeds, 3000 watts of power, Again X67 has 320 pixel color sonar ,marcum and vex don't ,Good luck AJ

andyj The MarCum will be right at home sitting in a boat as it is on ice. You can get the puck transducer for the MarCum and use that on your electric motor. MarCum doesn't have the problem with shallow water and weeds so no need for LP mode or a suppression cable.

With the X67 on your boat interference from surrounding flashers wouldn't be a problem.
Its easy crow about a product you believe in.
So far I've used the LX3 on eyes and crappies and gills. I find I don't need the zoom on suspended fish because of the crisp display along with great target separation. However I do use the zoom for those bottom hugging fish and I'll tell you what, if theres anything on the bottom you'll see it. This weekend I'll be up after Lake Trout on the Gunflint Trail and will be using the LX3.
I'm starting to shake now I'm so pumped.

I have been out on lakes with my x67c, around lots of flashers and have not notice any difference. I don't fish with anyone with a flasher, the only people I fish with are my wife and her brother-in-law, niether use or understand a flasher (LOL). Ayway, I have never had aproblem with interference.
I am glad to see I am not the only one with the x67c, I was getting a little worried.
Chad711, thanks for the info.

------------------
Have a good one!
CWMN

I too have a Lowrance x67c, I went out with a friend who has a vex 18, we were fishing about 3 feet apart in 12 fow, No detectable interference on either unit. I know there is interference rejection adjustments if one needs them I would have to pull out the owners manual to tell you how to turn it on though. What I really like about it is that I can put it on the boat during the summer and have a nice graphing locater. Great unit!

I'm leaning heavily towards the x67c. I was reading in the manual online about it's ASP feature which has a noice reduction setting. I'm assuming that is the same as the IR on the LX-3 and FL-18.

I'm looking at using this as well for my boat. I'm hoping to buy it this weekend.