• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Mr.Pike Questions

Captain B.R.K

I just started looking (casually) at used boats. I'm looking at a 2007 Mr.Pike and would like to get some feedback from guys that run newer Lunds or those that have been in them. The motor is a 115 4 stroke Mercury.

Pros/Cons??

Thanks Guys!

Just got done fishing out of one, probably 20 minutes ago. It is a 2005 17 footer with the 115 Merc 4S. Great boat, lots of room. I have a 1900 Pro-V IFS. With the single console in the 17 ft Mr. Pike, it almost seems like there is more room to move around in.

My buddy has had the boat since 06 and loves it. Does well in big water and small. Can't go wrong.

In my opinion, the 17 or 18 foot Mr Pikes are the best boats for most fishing applications. You can fish bass easily out of them, but you don't have to be affraid of taking it on big water either. If I were you I would pick it up before someone else snatches it out from under you. You will not regret it one bit. Great boat.

The 17' Mr. Pike is very simular to my 17' Explorer and they are both very nice fishable boats. Take on good sized lakes but can be put in almost any small lake.

The pike has a few more bells and whisltes and I like the councel and throttle control set up better than my Explorer. Plus the center rod storage is awesome to have.

The 115 Yamaha 4 stroke I have has been great on gas and I can get 45 mph out of it. Trolls down great and no stink or noise to deal with.

I would however look into a 18" with a 130 if you can get a good price on a non current.

Crystal Pierze will be having some very good bvoat prices now with stores closing so go check the Chrestliners out and you may like the new lay outs.

Oh I would also go dual councel if you run 2 a lot. Your wife or girlfriend will surely be glad you did.

I abosolutely fell in love with the Mr. Pike when I was boat shopping this time last year. It has everything for fishing, the center rod storage, the recessed console area, the livewells are great, it has the same design hull as the ProV. The only difference between the boat you are looking at and the same model in the tournanment pro v is thickness of aluminum on certain locations on the hull, and interior bells and whistles. I ended up finding a deal I could not pass up on a lund prov 1800 and I do not have one bad thing to say about it. If I did not find that boat I would be sitting in a Mr Pike for sure.

Good Luck.

Have an 01' 17 Mr. Pike with a 130hp Yamaha 2S. Its a great boat super wide and super stable. The handling is great, you can take WOT turns whith the wheel at full lock (Motor tilted down)and it hugs the water no problems. Lund has a great hull design. The 01' has open sides now Lund went with thick closed sides on the Mr. Pikes which rob space, so I would lean to the Explorer 17 for that reason. Can't go wrong with a Lund IMO.