• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shore-fishing Minnetonka

handsonguy

Hey all, I am kind of new to the Twin Cities area and am looking for some tips on some decent spots to shore fish on Minnetonka and other metro lakes. I recently went to Minnetonka and tried under the arcola bridge with little luck although it was a weekend and there was a lot of boat traffic. I also took a look at the rip rap shoreline by the railroad tracks downtown Wayzata, but couldn't even fish it because there were too many floating weeds being blown in from the boats. Any advise would be helpful! Thanks

Spring Lake Park retaining wall by the Water Patrol Office, the regional park fishing pier, North Arm Public Access, St. Albans Bay Bridge, County Rd 19 and 51 intersection at Coffee Channel, 101 Bridge between Gray's and Wayzata Bay...

You could try the DNR Fishing Pier Map to find some places other than Minnetonka to go. There is also a Guide to Shorefishing the Twin Cities book you might look into.

Good luck with the bassin. Shorefisherman can effectively work inside weedlines better than many boat anglers. There can be some super shore fishing if you are willing to put in the time.

If you want to make a trip up to Monticello, there are parts of the Mississippi which can be waded or fished from the shore for smallmouth - and that's a great fishery up there. Check on the Annandale - Big Lake forum and probably some of the river guys - there are some really nice parks up there - and some good fishing by the power plant for nice smallies. It may be worth a trip (plus, there is a Cabela's nearby - so that's always a bonus for blowing some cash....)