• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tough Day on Saturday

Fished Waconia from 4:45am to 10:30am and nothing going on...although there was what I'm guessing at least a 40" swimming up on the surface about 15 ft from my boat. Of course I tried to cast past it and get it interested to no avail. The bloom is getting worse for sure. Anyone have luck on Waconia or Minnetonka today? - of course it had to be a southeast wind with clear skies when I actually get a chance to go out.

I fished last night overnight, caught 2 muskie's (37 and 41), pile of pike up to 36" and a 21 inch smallmouth that was pushing 6lbs!!! Most of the action was around sunset and sunrise. wink

Good deal man. When you say overnight you mean like around sunset friday night to sunrise saturday? That action is pretty freakin good. I was focusing in deeper water this morning because of the normal late july temps and I also tryed to really get deep in the slop. Were those 2 muskies you caught with slow or fast presentations?

I was focusing inside the weeds and over the weeds. I've spent time pounding the outside edge, but it just never seems to produce except in a couple area's on the lake I fish the most.

The muskies were slow. My fishing partner lost a big one on a burned bucktail right when the sun went down. Still scratching our heads how it got off.

Okay, quick update. I was on Waconia today and boated a 42 incher. A really, really thick 42 incher, I had to double and triple check my measurement because I thought she was going to be bigger than that.