• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody else ever seen this or done this....

ZOOM

I have worked with this type of person before as just about all of us have. This type of individual will take some leniant company policy that works fairly well and push it to the extreme and wreck things for everyone. They cannot see beyond themselves and right now. I could be all wrong but I will just about guarantee you that this person is stealing from the company in other ways. I will also say that there is no one out there that has not stolen from their employer in some way. You have to kind of look at these things: what if everyone did it?

there is a line we all need to stay behind. there are many tools and leftover/scrap plywood where I work. I always let the owner know what Im up to and let him know Im only going to grab the plywood thats headed for the dumpster. he has never had an issue with it. However... if he showed up some Saturday afternoon to see me loading fresh sheets of high quality plywood in to my truck, there might be a problem.

I have to deal with bent and twisted wood not always in the size I need, but its free so I dont complain. I built a portable fish house for about $40 that way.

Do you get this worked up at the people plugging in thier cars into the same outlets during winter?? What's the difference?

Don' be that way. I'm not worked up by any means. I just don't like cheap people. I know people on wellfare that are just as well off as I am and the only reason there on it is that its free. I know this guy and he's the same type. Its not a matter of being worked up,its a matter of right and wrong. sorry to ruffel your feathers duffman. I get worked up when I ask a question and get that kind of feedback. I could care less if this guy is getting away with something, but I think its not right. Its the idea of the whole thing. Thats all. Charge your battery at home. not on someone elses dime.I know now that he is chargeing his Battery's on company time just to save money. I told him today that it costs more to tow his boat to work then it cost to just charge his bat at home. He seems to think not. I just wanted to know what every one else thought about this guy.I could care less what this guy is doing. I really dont care if he is charging his bat at work or not. I just thought it odd that he brings his boat to work to charge his trolling motor battery. I charge mine at home and I'd be willing to bet that most everyone else charges theres at home as well.Its not a big deal at all.As to your remark DUFF, keeping your car engine block warm on a -20 deg day and charging your trolling motor bat are 2 way different things ,think about it.

Don'y worry ZOOM, my feathers are laying down just fine.

Quote:
As to your remark DUFF, keeping your car engine block warm on a -20 deg day and charging your trolling motor bat are 2 way different things ,think about it.

I don't know, both are using company electricity to make sure that the next time they use the vehicle (be it a boat or car), that it works properly. The place of employment gains nor loses much in either situation. When you leave the company for the day and unplug the boat or car, how does this help out the company in any way? You are off the companys time by this time. It seems like these outlets are there for the convenience of the employees, what's it matter how that convenience is used??

Yes, the guys a cheapskate.

Yes, it probably costs him more to tow it in than to charge at home.

Don'y worry ZOOM, my feathers are laying down just fine.

I figured you would have big enough shoulders to take a little ribbing, lol.

I guess this was kind of a stupid post I just wanted to see what everyones opinion was on the subject. You make a valid point duff.

You want to ruffle a few feathers at work sometime? Try this.

We have a large employee parking lot, there's a power pole towards the front that most have to walk by. One cold Winter day and employee thought he'd have some fun, he tied an extension cord to the power pole and plugged his tank heater into it. No one bothered to check if there was any power supply on the pole, they were to busy wondering why he got to plug his car in and the company wasn't providing this service for everyone.

A lot of bass pro's do this at hotels and motels they stay at when fishing tourneys or pre-fishing, or when en-route and they make a stopover. Charge up the boat batteries and catch a nap.

Maybe this guy was in a hurry and was headed to the lake after work.

I charge my cell phone at work crazyeek

If they leave the cord out to heat cars or what ever then i couldn't classify that as stealing. But if he brings his boat to work just to charge batteries then he's probably not the sharpest bulb on the tree or the brightest knife in the drawer.

Where I work we've got people who do all kinds of things like take showers when they get to work, use the internet, charge batteries, use copy and fax machines, etc. All in all it doesn't cost our company beans to the allow these simiple uses of resourses and they are a very dedicated and productive group of people.

Was this sent over the company internet??? yep.