• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody else ever seen this or done this....

ZOOM

Alright now I've seen it all. Theres this guy that works where I do and I noticed that alot of the time this summer he brings his boat to work with him. When he does bring it he usually parks on the far side of the parking lot away from most of the other cars.I thaught he parked back there to stay out of the way of the other cars and to make it easier to get in and out of the parking lot. One day while on a brake I walked out and took a look at his boat. The cover was on but I noticed an extention cord running from an outlet (used in the winter to plug cars in) to his boat. I pondered on this for a bit and later I asked him about it. He said he was chargeing his trolling motor battiers with an on board charger. I just kind of laughed at the time but then I got to thinking about it. That seems pretty cheap to me. I mean it has to cost him about the seem in gas to tow his boat to work as it would to just charge the bat's at home.Anyone have any idea what it would cost in electicity to charge two bat? I dont know what do you guys think?

Geez, there must be more to life than worrying about this. Be nice to the guy and maybe he will let you go fishing with him after work some day.

No I'm not worried about it.Its not like I would rat the guy out to the big cheese on the top floor or anything. I'm sure its not a noticeable cost to the company or anything.I just thought it was odd that he didnt charge his bat's at home. The way it sounds from him he doesn't fish much after work. Of course thats what he says????????

Maybe he's trying to hide a bigger secret.

Oh, and the plot thickins......... LOL

Hes goin fishin after work and your not. He is laughing at you because he has led you to think he stealing electricity just to make sure you wont ask him to take you with. Charging a battery or twelve is not an expensive thing to do. You are digging way to far.

It can't be the money, cuz I am pretty darn sure that pulling to boat to work would have to cost more than the electricity to charge the batteries. That is unless he only lives very short distance from work. Or he is one of those that will spend $5 in gas to save

$1 on something else.

I guess to answer the question on how much it cost to charge the batteries and I am no expert in this area but say the battteries are 100amp batteries and he probably has 2 so 200 amp/hr x 12 volts = 2400 VA / 1000 = 2.4KW * $0.08/KW = 19.2 cents smile

I mean it has to cost him about the seem in gas to tow his boat to work as it would to just charge the bat's at home.

Possible, it depends how far he is towing and how many batteries and their state of discharge. (Batteries should always be charged right after use.)

If the guy does this continually it is obvious that he is cheap and stealing electricity. If not, he probably just wanted to borrow a little juice because he was out before work!

Geesh who cares . He may not be able to pull up and charge his onboard batteries where he lives . Lots of scenarios it could be but I highly doubt its about being cheap .

I shouldn't even have answered this childish thread . I'll kick myself now because my own example should be to let live and never mind the small things in life .

Unless the lad in question is loading up the boat with things from your work just leave him be and NO I don't find it strange .No nickels in hydro ever bothered us in our business if employees used it .

Don't sweat it thread starter and get yourself back to work .LOL

TD

I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt and say he's going before/after work...

Unless he's a guy that has no regard for money that has a nice new boat and loves to tow it everywhere wearing his matching sponsor shirt...even to Cabela's.

You guys know what I'm talking about!

[quote name='kg2

If the guy does this continually it is obvious that he is cheap and stealing electricity. If not' date=' he probably just wanted to borrow a little juice because he was out before work! [/quote']

Thats what I mean. I see him do it all the time. He had the boat plugged in today as a matter of fact. I had to ask him why he doesnt charge it at home instead of work and again he smiled then said "why buy the cow when I get the milk for free". HE IS A CHEAP B@##$% I was right. LOL oh well to each his own. I just wanted to get your guys opinion on it. I'm sure if the Manager sees him with it plugged in, he won't say anything anyway, so its no big deal. I just hate it when people are cheap. thats all.