• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jumbo Perch ?

icebum1

Cyberfish,
I agree that the lower limit may help increase the number of bigger perch, BUT, I also think that a lot of dead or soon to die smaller fish will be stuffed back down the hole by guys looking for bigger fish. Especially if they are on a good bite and are weeding out the small fish.
Just my opinion from what I have seen happen.
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005

Bribay, I don't understand it either, but if they want to fill their limit with all those dinks, thats fine with me, then they will have to quit and go home leaving all those bigger fish in the lake for me! Unless of course they continue to fish and keep over their limit, then turn in those poachers!

Cliff, I was not saying the limit should be lower still, I think it is good now, 100 was rediculous. As you noted, the size is increasing, so I think it is working where it is at now. If I catch a small one that I know is gonna croak, I will keep it, but if they can actually get those dinks back down the hole thats not so bad, there are plenty of pike and burbot down there looking for an easy meal of dying little perch so they won't go to waste, and there is no danger of reducing the small perch population, it is only the keepers that get thinned out too much. If they won't go back down tho, you have to take them home. If they are leaving them on the ice or in the hole, thats illegal.

------------------
simul iustus et peccator

><}}}("< ---><!>

[This message has been edited by Cyberfish (edited 01-26-2004).]

I caught bigger perch this year at LOW than I have ever gotten up at Devils Lake. Maybe not as many but if I am fishing walleyes and get the ocational jumbo perch in the mix it is a bonus for me.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

Hey Northlander I'll be stayig just north of Garrison. How long to get to winni? and also whats the chance if any for some decent eyes? The only place i've ever fished was mille lacs good time every time we went just looking for a change.