• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sick of the heat and milfoil

ATM

Too Hot, It was approaching "HOT" on Vermillion yesterday (Sat). The wind died about noon and I got the first taste of the Dog Days. The wind picked up later in the day and the smallmouth got on a good bite which took my mind off the heat. Fall fishing is good with me. It's way to early for me to even think about ice.

We have been typically getting down to the mid- to high 40's at night and the upper 70's to lower 80's during the day here. This summer has been great, I really can't complain. Last year and the year before we had numerous days in the 90's crazy.

Quote:
Sick of the heat

Try fishing the river after midnight. Around 3:00am as of late, the winter jacket is on ones mind for the next trip grin.

Been that way most of the year.

That's exactly what I'm talking about....this morning felt a lot like fall is coming, compared to the ridiculous dewpoints we've had the past few weeks and you wake up to a rain forest like steam hanging in the air. 70 degrees is one thing....70 degrees with 70 degree dewpoints is another! You guys up north live in a different climate than down here. Love that cool, dry, northern air blowing in. Bring it on!

It's funny, the Laurentian Divide is just a little bump but it seems to have some sort of influence on the weather. I have actually been going around the house at night and shutting the windows otherwise it gets too chilly crazy