• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sick of the heat and milfoil

ATM

Amen brother. I can't wait for ice either. Head to your local small river for relief. A good float is the cure for what ales ya. No weeds, nice cool water and shade. August and rivers go good together.

Im skinny and I hate any temp below 70 degrees. Im on the lake all day and loving it!! Even if the fish arent biting you will find me streched out on the casting deck with a cold one in one hand a smoke in the other and my brain shut down for the after noon.

as the old saying goes,

a bad day fishin' is better then a good day working.. grin

I've never been to hot to fish either. Just bring another bottle of water. Fall fishing is awesome but then come the winter months and I'm not ready for that at all. One bad day bass fishing is better than a really good day ice fishing. Everytime.

I really get the itch for hunting this time of the year. For me summer fishing is just something to get me through to hunting and ice fishing. Anything above 75 and no humidity is to hot. ill take a nice 30 degree day over 80 any day. My wife is the polar oppisite and gets [PoorWordUsage] when i tell her its only 45 days to fall. Adam

man you guys don't like the heat? Gimme a trout stream or a small river in the hot hot summer sun and I'm in heaven. Some of my best smallmouth fishing comes in August. Just gotta know where to look

Also can't beat super early morning or late night fishing this time ove year. Love it!

Course, hunting and ice fishing are great too

I sure do love Fall and Winter, and would take a cold January day over the July heat waves any time, but there is something about not being worried about getting a frostbit appendage that makes me enjoy open water as much as ice fishing. That being said, I'm ready to skip right through August and get to September for the start of hunting and fall fishing.

Im skinny and I hate any temp below 70 degrees. Im on the lake all day and loving it!! Even if the fish arent biting you will find me streched out on the casting deck with a cold one in one hand a smoke in the other and my brain shut down for the after noon.

as the old saying goes,

AMEN!

You people that dont like the heat need to move some where closer to Lake Superior,,,,,We have had 4 mornings where the temp has been above 60 in the morning and only a few days where it hit 80 or above ,,,,,Oh and the fish are biting

Randoid

Originally Posted By: shizzy

as the old saying goes,

AMEN!

I am a big fat guy and love the heat. It is the humidity that I could do away with. As long as I can wear shorts, and a tank top it could be 100 degrees and I would not mind. Now 90 and humid at work wearing jeans, work boots and a t-shirt inside with no air moving, that is true misery.

I can't wait for mid sept- and beyond. I caqn dress comfortably all year except for the summer heat. once your naked and sweating then what do you do? You need to be under water to be comfortable outside. All though the evenings and mornings this time of year are absolutely perfect if you can sta awa for the pesky bugs.

I can't wait for mid sept- and beyond. I caqn dress comfortably all year except for the summer heat. once your naked and sweating then what do you do?

That's my theory too. You can always put more clothes on to stay warm, but when it's hot you can only take off so much before getting arrested. grin

High's in the 70's next weekend, that's what I'm talking about!

It's not that I don't or won't fish in the midst of summer, just that I don't make as big an effort to get out as often.

And that getting naked on the water thing, well let's just say for some people it would just not be right sick

And that getting naked on the water thing, well let's just say for some people it would just not be right sick

Heck yea, I've seen way to many in shorts and no shirt that need to put a shirt on!! sick I've seen a lot of bikini's that should have covered a lot more than they should have. But there are always those that make up for it (in the bikini's that is) laugh