• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sourkruat receipe

I have 6 big heads of cabbage, I would like to make into sourkruat. I know how to make it in a 5 gallon crock and then can it, but I heard you can make it in quart jars and just seal them when it was done working without heating the kruat to seal it. Can anyone tell me how this is done? Thanks ahead of time.

My grandma used to make kraut in the jars,I think she water bath canned it afterwards though.Dont know how it would keep otherwise.I think it would keep fermenting and blow up your jars.I reckon you could keep it in fridge for a couple weeks or so.

efgh, I don't suppose that you have anybody in your area that 'cuts Kraut'? I know, around here, there are several people that cut their own, given a little time, I might be able to get you a couple names/ phone numbers where they might be able to help you out. They might even be willing to cut it for you for a small fee/percentage. Let me know, I can make some calls. Not to be 'picky', but it's 'SAUERKRAUT', But fermented cabbage by any other name would still taste the same! laughlaughlaugh ;)Phred 52