• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KFAN news

PikeTipper

I think PA has some real talent and a great work ethic. Do you realize he's at the track just about every night in the summer announcing?

Dubay (IMO) just doesn't have the skills compared to other major market radio personalities. I would consider him a sidekick at best. When PA is out, the show suffers tremendously.

I heard Dubay got deathly sick from overdosing on the Minnesota sports Kool-Aid and had to go into rehab for CDS....Chronic Denial Syndrome.

Now if we can just get rid of Paul Allen along with Dubay, the PA and Dubay show will be much better! grin

Give the Common Man the 9-2pm slot!!

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
IGive the Common Man the 9-2pm slot!!

Now there is a guy I can't stand.

Exactly. I'd rather soak my teeth in kerosene and light them on fire than listen to the Common man.

I'd rather wrestle an alligator in a phone booth, than listen to the Common man.

I'd rather have a rabid marmot attack my lower extremities than listen to the Common man...

Other than that - he's ok, I guess. LOL

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
IGive the Common Man the 9-2pm slot!!

Now there is a guy I can't stand.

Dan Cole is a whole lot more entertaining than Tom Mischke on KSTP 1500,who air's in the same time slot.Common's bit does get a bit redundant,but does have the sports in it, to a point.Mischke is, well,you fill in the blank...

No offense to any one else,but that guy is too off the wall for me.Some of his phone conversations with folks make me go, 'what the $#&% is this guy on the radio for?' Just my opinion, doesn't have to be anyone elses. KFAN is on my dial until Garage Logic airs. Sorry for hijacking the thread here,with the Mischke reference.

Love em or hate em you listen to em all on the FAN. Common can be pretty funny, but he does get depressing. He loves sports and teams and hates em at the same time...all part of the bit I guess.

PA is talented but that guy would push his grandma out of the way for a dollar. Can you trust anything the guy says? Despite being plugged into the sports landscape we all know how his prognostication has been going...

Dubay-totally agree with what others have said. Struggles on his own.

Every personality on the FAN has things I don't like and things I do.

Star-funny but sophomoric.

Sludge-Immature and shallow but can be funny in a childish way

Barreiro-probably the one I like the most. Interesting guests and tastes but can go off on certain topics for no reason.

Hartman-let someone else get a word in, is never wrong. Not the overrunning 'homer' so many other MN media types are.

If you have it in you to give Common about 6 months his show is will become entertaining. Not as good as it was a few years back but still good IMO. Half of what he talks about are old bits and inside jokes for those that have been listening for years. He is an acquired taste. The one I can't handle is Hartman. I would rather listen to his Dad. At least you can laught him.

If you have it in you to give Common about 6 months his show is will become entertaining. Not as good as it was a few years back but still good IMO. Half of what he talks about are old bits and inside jokes for those that have been listening for years. He is an acquired taste. The one I can't handle is Hartman. I would rather listen to his Dad. At least you can laught him.

I feel the same exact way about Common and Hartman.

I hated Common at first, but now I actually enjoy his show, I sometimes find myself laughing out loud while eating lunch.

Having listened for years, I have few thoughts on the subject...

Chad Hartman - Did a friend in the business get this guy a job or what?? You probably can't find a better example of "It's not what you know, but who you know" out there. This guy doesn't belong out in public, much less on the radio. A little game I play is to try and change the station before his bumper music starts. This has involved such things as diving for the radio (on more than one occasion), and my favorite, once I chucked a hammer in the nick time and ka-pow! That was a close one. Too bad nobody was around to witness my magnificent save executed to perfection.

Ducky & Bunny - I'm in agreement here with what everyone else has said, S.T.A.L.E. Including PA pushing over his g'ma for a dollar. After a while of listening, you just start to see them for who/what they are. 'The truth comes out' I guess you could say. Lately, I feel like I'm just listening to a 3 hour long commercial. A rarely thought provoking, but occasionally entertaining one. I do like PA's occasional reference to local places though, as they're usually places I'm familiar with.

Common - For most who like him, it didn't start out that way- and they weren't shy about it. At least that's what I've found. Personally, I've never not liked him. If he could occasionally sprinkle in some seriousness/insight/sincerity into the serious matters it would go a long ways for him.

Barreiro - The most solid of the bunch. Well spoken and usually gets to the heart of the matter. I don't always agree with him but he let's you know where he stands, without 'Hartmaning-up' at every turn. His topics are usually somewhat interesting and his Friday, Done as a Society segment is usually entertaining.

Can't stand Common, I've tried listening to him time and time again and can't get into it. He's an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly and I have no clue what he's doing on the radio. I usually flip it over to Jim Rome or just turn music back on.