• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone up for a trip up north to fish a semi-remote pond or lake? Been talking with DEC Watertown and got some good info. Many have carry trails so my 14' canoe is a good way to go. She's light, 69#, flat bottomed, wide, foam filled and squared transom(plan on buying a cart). Got a good trolling motor and a sonar(does a decent job). She's stable enough for two standing and fishing and paddles pretty easily. I found a couple truly remote ones too, but you aren't getting a canoe in there without a lot of work! How about an UNFISHED lake 5 miles in on a "bushwack trail? DEC says they fished it in '06 and it's loaded with good to big brook trout. Gonna have to scope that one out first. I'd hate to try that walk with just a head lamp and spook a bear, rattler or fall on my head! So, who's up for a little ride?

Sounds like a good trip Ray...I spend a lot of time in the 'Daks and have always wanted to get into a remote Trout spot that way. I have done a lot of hiking up that way and it can be real tough on the weak. If you can get me some more info...I can see what I can come up with as well. Do you have access to a kayak? I have a nice one that needs such a trip. The possibilities are endless up in the ADK's.

Oh, BTW, I wouldn't worry too much about the Black Bears up there...they are pretty passive.

You still pack heat anyway Ray...what I would be worried about is you shooting me in the foot laugh

Let's look into it...I would request that DC's company would be a must!!!!

No Kayak but a sweet canoe. Might be able to borrow one though. I'll be in touch and we'll work on this. Sounds good to me. Bears don't worry me any. Hunters on the other hand.... Come on, I never shot anyone who didn't deserve it! lol No body, no crime. lol

I have never spent any time in the Daks. Was there once when I was 13 for an overnighter and thats it. Next week is family vacation in canada which may include a jaunt through the area...

Would love to explore, hike, and fish, ect. Not sure if its in the cards for this year but maybe. "Make it happen, you must" said Yoda. cool