• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bear Guide or Do-It-Yourself ?

You can mix them all together. It doesn't seem to hurt anything. I mailnly just use molasses mixed in my bait, and use the oil for on the ground, and burn the syrup. I am not sure about all the rules down there, but pouring your used oil on the ground around the bait is very beneficial. I usually pour a 5 gal pail at each bait everytime after I start baiting. All visitors will track a scent trail out and help bring in more bears. Meep me posted on your success or any questions.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biff, do ya have a local privately owned icecream shop? if so they might sell you some chocolate syrup, thats where I get mine. I like to make a variety of mix, just to keep something new at the site everry so often. certainly pour grease on the ground like superbee said, Biff ya did'nt go with the ball this year huh? My recipe kinda fell by the way side just didnt have time to commit to it so I bought a bacon ball again. Boar

No scent ball this year. Didn't bring any bear in last year. I had the blueberry scent one. I seen they upped the prices on them this year. Last year it was $50 this year $56. I do have a Dairy Queen in town. Maybe they will have some.

HHave you ever done a burn in the evening just before you got into your stand? I have done burns and had bears come in while I was doing them. Works best on calm night when the temp is starting drop. It holds the scent down low and lingers.

HHave you ever done a burn in the evening just before you got into your stand? I have done burns and had bears come in while I was doing them. Works best on calm night when the temp is starting drop. It holds the scent down low and lingers.

superbee, What is your favorite substance to burn?

Honey is one of the better things to burn. I really like the cherry snow cone syrup as well. It really bellows a sweet smaell that lingers a long time. Just try to do it on a calm evening when the temps are just starting to drop as it hold the scent down better.