• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question about Eagle 480 Graph

polarsusd81

I am looking for a splitter cable that would make it possible to move the graph from the console to the bow for fishing, but still allow use at the console. Is there anything like that available or would a guy be SOL?

I do not know of a splitter like you are talking about, but I may be wrong. You might want to check LEI Electronics online to see if they make something. I like to be able to move my unit around as well, so I just have a long wire bundle tethered to the unit at all times. I also use RAM mounts to secure the unit where I want it. It may not look like the most asthetically pleasing solution, but it works for me.

-Gregg B.

You can use Lowrances(same as Eagle) networking systems and wire it to the spot you want. Then just simply disconnect from one place and reconnect at the new place you want. With this network system, you can even buy another unit and they both run on the same sonar and gps. It's like having one system but with two monitors.

I didn't think that sonar signals could be networked. I know that the gps can be, however. I don't know that the 480 is able to be networked at all. I would go along with Gregg and do the tethered bundle or hide the bundle behind the side wall and pull it to the front when needed.

Come to think of it you're right, the sonar can't be networked just the gps, was thinking to fast. I don't have the eagle but I have the lowrance lms480 and it shares gps with my at the time not stolen yet lcx26hd.

Tom (and everyone else)

The Eagle 480 (depthfinder only) can't be networked with anything. Eagle combo units can probably be networked on the older NMEA0183 system (not sure about that though) but not on the newer NMEA2000 system that is on the Lowrance units now. The ability to network together via the LowranceNet is one of the things you get when you pay the higher price for Lowrance vs. Eagle.

Regarding a 'splitter cable' for your Eagle 480, I don't think such a thing exists. But you could get an extra transducer, the transducer cable/plug on the Eagle 480 is combined with a power cable. Mount the transducer to your 2nd location, connect the power to the battery, and move your unit to whereever you want it whenever you want it there. Put dielectric grease in the plugs to protect them when you're not using them. Use care in connecting and disconnecting the transducer/power cable plug to make sure you don't damage the pins.