• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can I operate an Eagle and Lowrance at same time?

Loon

I have a 16' boat and I'm about to upgrade my trolling motor.

I have a Lowrance X-135 up front and a Eagle Cuda 250 s/map in the back.

Before I mount the X-135 transducer in the back next to the Cuda 250 I'd like to know if I get a MinnKota with Universal Sonar 2, would they interfere with each other like I know they would if I mounted them side by side?

I'll hang up and listen...

I have a Eagle on the bow with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor(not a universal) and I have a Lowrance on the dash with the transducer mounted on the transom. I have no problems with interference. Its a 17' boat.

Interesting...

I know for a fact I won't be dealing with the slack cable on the PowerDrive...

$100 upgrade for Universal Sonar 2...

Probably worth it.

Thanks.

Perhaps the difference in manufacturer allows that?

I've had negative experience with two Eagle transducers 6" apart.

One or the other...not simultaneous operation.

I appreciate the input.

Perhaps the difference in manufacturer allows that?

I've had negative experience with two Eagle transducers 6" apart.

One or the other...not simultaneous operation.

I appreciate the input.

I didn't really compare the kilohertz and the watts or what ever, but the Hummer has 2 or 3 different setting for frequency on the transducer (low,high and SC) and i was flipping thru all of them and nothing interfered with the lowrance unit reading. They are both on different fused circuts so dont know if that plays any part in no interference either?

Your Lowrance and Eagle transducers are probably the same frequency and will interfer with each other if they're both on the transom.

If you have one on the transom and one of the bow they won't interfer with each other until you get to about 30 feet of water.

You can adjust the settings in the units to filter out some of the interference, but I'm not a big fan of this approach because I worry about filtering out other signals like fish, bait fish, transitions, etc.

If you're still looking for a PowerDrive with US2 you might want to check them out here at ProFishingSupply.