• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prop Question

AaronM

I have an Evinrude Intruder 115 with a stainless 13*20 prop. I'm looking into aluminum props; I just replaced a lower unit and want to avoid that in the future. My hole shot is OK, and top speed I'm getting around 5,500 RPMs. What kind of pitch should I be looking at for aluminum? Same setup or should something be tweaked? Also, does my stainless have any trade-in value if I'd want to go that route? Thanks for any help!

You probably could go to a 13 X 21 and keep the same performance, but your hole shot will suffer a little bit.

You should be able to get some value for your stainless on trade in - that or sell it - stainless are always worth more than aluminum.

marine_man