• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ramps for landing a boat?

buddha

My brother and I have a lake place and are lucky enough to be able to load/unload our boats on our property. We both own 17 to 19ft Alumacraft boats and when we load we sink quite a bit into the lake. Does anyone know of any sort of ramps that could be put into the water to give us more a more stable footing? I have seen some metal type ramps at some resorts that are older and have been in the water for a long time but seem to work. We know that there are some ATV type ramps that might work too.

We have called some dock places and the ones we've called don't have anything that would work.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

I don't have any expertise on the subject, but just be careful and make sure you follow all the environmental laws when placing things in the water. Good luck. I know the resort we go to just added a bunch of rock, but their landing gets a ton of use so I am sure you don't to go through that much hassle.

I would look at a piece of fensing or something like that like for around a baseball park or the things that they drag the baseball parks with those are pretty sturdy and I think would help hold you up

Find some Marsden Matting/Pierced Steel Planking. It's the 15"x10' steel mats that the Army and Navy used to make landing strips in WW2. There are places on the web that carry them. Search pierced steel planking.