• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you think of Steelhead Broadheads?

I've shot Steelhead 100's for about 8 years. I've had pass throughs on every deer I've ever shot with them and I've been really happy with them. I've probably run them through almost a dozen deer.

I've never used the ones with the little blade on the front, so I can't comment on them. However, I've never had a problem with their standard model, so I didn't experiment.

I shot them for one season, not the razor blade ones. They flew great! I shot 3 deer and an antelope with them, all went down in sight of me, all had NO blood trail. IMO there are some realy great fixed blades out there now that fly so good, I don't see the advantage to retactables any more.

I'm sure you'll hear all kinds of arguments both ways, just one mans opinion.

I've been shooting them for a couple of years and they work great. I do hate replacing the TINY LITTLE BLADES, however. I've got my eyes on SLICK TRICKS(reports) or Cabela's FX-3s(price) if decide to change....

Shot steelhead 100 for my first 8 years. They fly very true, best I have shot IMO. The draw back that made me switch is the blades never seemed sharp enough, and would get a "flat" or dull spot where the blades touched the ferel. I would have to try to sharpen the little blades or buy replacment blades. That may have gotten better is the last 2 years. sorry no expierence with the cut on contact version.