• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Green on Screen???

kingkidfisher4431

When i was out fishing last on one of our small lakes we were catching tons of crappies!!!they were all red and lit up but i noticed all over the bottom about a foot up were flashing green lines???what could these be?maybe bait or small perch/sunfish??? any info would be great!!!

I might be plankton too. I get this on my Vex at night in certain spots. Its just the plankton rising off the bottom at night. And how I know that is b/c I have a underwater camera to look at the plankton floating in the water off the bottom.

But like joe said it may also be the outer edge of you cone. The way to tell is if the fish move out (if they ever do) you should see the plankton rising atleast 5' off the bottom.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

I dont really know for sure.
But I think that in shallow water the most of the plankton will only rise at night and go back down to the bottom during the day. But in deeper water like 30' or more there isnt that much light penetration so they will stay about a foot off the bottom or less during the day then at night they will rise up off the bottom. And why they do this, If I remember right from biology the light has some effect on them, they dont like it so the night is their prime time.
I also think they rise in clusters. Certain parts of the lakes are different too. Some spots will be thicker than others. Why? I dont know.

Maybe someone can help me out on this b/c I dont know that much about plankton either.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300